Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Star Wras DVDs...any good?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Star Wras DVDs...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-01, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered all 4 Star WArs on DVD from Hong Kong. All are in English/even the covers. They have subtitles in other languages. I have never seen these before. Does anyone else have these that could let me know if they are any good? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 06-15-01, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The bootlegs aren't bad, quality-wise: I have them, because there's likely to NEVER be any other way to get the original version of the trilogy.

There's a long "review" thread about them here on the site, if you do search. However, any discussion or inquiries (in this thread *OR* any other) about exactly how to get bootleg discs (or how you got yours) is considered inappropriate and will result in a locked thread.

There's a slight problem with audio-sync on some parts of the discs, however. Some people find it awful, some people aren't bothered much. I belong to the second group.
Old 06-15-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the thread I was referring to: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=98637
Old 06-15-01, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by aftertheflesh
I just ordered all 4 Star WArs on DVD from Hong Kong. All are in English/even the covers. They have subtitles in other languages. I have never seen these before. Does anyone else have these that could let me know if they are any good? I would appreciate it. Thanks.
It depends which ones you got.
I got the ones mentioned in the link that adamblast posted. The audio sync problems are a bit annoying, but since it is rumored that Lucas will never rerelease Star Wars in any other form than the Special Editions (I've even heard rumors that he destroyed the negatives to the original versions, etc... I wonder if that is true?)
I got these dvds. I wanted to have the original versions of Star Wars in widescreen (I sold my P&S vhs). These are the only bootlegs I have ever bought, and they will probably the only ones I will ever feel a NEED to buy.
As far as bootlegs of the SEs go, and Episode 1, I would just wait for the real things to come to dvd. Episode 1 comes out later this year.
Old 06-18-01, 03:40 PM
Cool New Member

what is a Star Wras??

Old 06-18-01, 03:42 PM

why are you wasting my time? You know what I meant.
Old 06-18-01, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mr.blonde
what is a Star Wras??
It's short for Star Wrassling--I think it's on UPN or something...