Reload this Page >

Earn 25 Best Buy RZ reward points per day minimum using Facebook

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 01-16-13, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to start a new thread and move this here since it was taking over the BB blu-ray deal thread.

Essentially you can earn 25 RZ reward points instantly when you answer a new question everyday. Requires a Facebook account and installing app for Best Buy. Once the app is installed you are directed to the BB RZ web site for the daily poll question. To get the question click the "user poll" tab. Points are instantly deposited in your account.

Note: If you have access to two Facebook accounts you can vote up two times on each poll to double your points.

Scroll down for more information to earn RZ points through Audience Rewards by answering a series of questions.

https://www.facebook.com/bestbuy/app...0188063684#_=_

Also earn an additional 12 RZ points by correctly answering the following 6 questions below at audience rewards. Periodically the questions are changed so you can earn additional points. However to be eligible for the points requires creating an audience rewards account linked to your RZ account. It says points may take 4 to 6 weeks to post to your account, but I found it actually took only one week for the points to post to my Best Buy RZ account.

https://www.audiencerewards.com/BestBuy/trivia.cfm

Current questions with the answers

1. What color is Glinda's dress in "Popular" in Wicked? Answer: Pink

2. How many cast members are in each performance of The Lion King? Answer: 53

3. Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike is being produced by what theatre? Answer: Lincoln Center

4. How many shows has Constantine Maroulis been in on Broadway so far? Answer: 2

5. What is the name of Spiderman's love interest? Answer: Mary Jane

6. What casting office is behind The Lion King? Answer: Binder Casting

Last edited by Laser Movies; 03-06-13 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Earn 25 Best Buy RZ reward points per day minimum using Facebook

New Tablets poll is up.

Just a possibility, every time I try to get more than 50 points in any given day, I start getting zero points. But if I wait until the next day, I always get my full 50. Might explain why we're getting goose eggs sometimes. And, for the record, I took it now and got nothing. :P

Addendum: Might not be calender days. I just try again at 11:46 PST and it worked for another 50.

Last edited by izatright; 01-17-13 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-17-13, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had no problem with today's poll question. Points went directly into my account. Now have enough for another $5 RZ cert.
Old 01-17-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also keep an eye out at the "member's choice" section for another poll in the future. It mentions a new vote for another offer coming soon. Could be another 25 point poll like they had earlier.

Old 01-17-13, 09:27 AM

Beware of Internet Explorer. I believe this is what is causing the redemption problems. I got a "zero points" error, then checked again on Firefox and it was fine.
Old 01-17-13, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by efordvt
Beware of Internet Explorer. I believe this is what is causing the redemption problems. I got a "zero points" error, then checked again on Firefox and it was fine.
I've used both IE and Google Chrome each day (2 accounts) with no problems. I do make sure I'm signed out each time but for 50 points a day, it's worth the extra 10 seconds to sign back in.
Old 01-17-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I use Chrome by default, but if I have an issue, I switch to Firefox. I'm curious what time the polls change. When I did it at 10pm CST last night, it was the tablet poll. So I thought that was yesterday's poll. What was yesterday's poll then?
Old 01-17-13, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I use Chrome by default, but if I have an issue, I switch to Firefox. I'm curious what time the polls change. When I did it at 10pm CST last night, it was the tablet poll. So I thought that was yesterday's poll. What was yesterday's poll then?
I think they change the questions around 11PM to 12AM ET. I usually check between 9PM to 10 PM PT and the new question is up. I forgot the previous question but I'm more concerned about getting the points then worrying about what the questions were.
Old 01-18-13, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Thanks OP! Did it yesterday and today no problem. How are people getting 50 points a day though? 2 Separate accounts?
Old 01-18-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
Thanks OP! Did it yesterday and today no problem. How are people getting 50 points a day though? 2 Separate accounts?
Asked and answered.
Old 01-18-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck
2 Facebook accounts with one BB RZ account.
Old 01-18-13, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Just voted and it told me I got 0 points? WTF? Do they not allow it for "Premium Silver" members?
Old 01-18-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Just voted and it told me I got 0 points? WTF? Do they not allow it for "Premium Silver" members?
Is this your first time? Log on to myrz.com and see if it was deposited anyway. Sometimes it reports as zero on the screen but still gets deposited. There have been issues where people did get zero points, but usually not on their first try. I think the issue where people actually do get zero points has something to do with it applying twice from the same facebook account on the same date (like if I did the poll right now and then did it again right when the new poll pops up tonight), so now I try to do it every day at around the same time.
Old 01-18-13, 05:01 PM

Does anyone know what the "Reward Zone Credit Card Holiday Bonus Certificate" is? After signing up for the Facebook Reward Zone Poll, I checked my account to see if the 25 points were credited to my account (since the Internet Explorer Facebook page showed 0 points). Yes, my 25 points were there. But also, I saw that I had a $75 Reward Zone certificate on my account issued on 1/3/13. Under my Purchase History, it showed a certificate issued, but no dollar amount (and 0 points debited). I'm assuming that this was some kind of bonus for using my Reward Zone credit card. Where I always get an email whenever I earn a RZ Certificate, I wasn't notified of this $75 Certiificate.

Edit: Went though the paperwork Best Buy sent me in December. They changed my Best Buy Credit Card to a Reward Zone Best Buy Credit Card (same account number on it). There was a flyer telling me that if I spent $500 through December 31st, I would receive a $25 RZ Certificate. I think I spent less that $100 after receiving the new Credit Card. Oh well, thanks for the $75 Best Buy! (I did spend a lot of money at Best Buy thoughout 2012, though).

Last edited by Bobaray; 01-18-13 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-18-13, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

Sounds like you accumulated a certificate using your Best Buy credit card?
Old 01-18-13, 05:28 PM

No, I received certificates for all of the purchases I made using this credit card.
Old 01-18-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My friend received $25 in RZ certs from that promo. He wasn't aware of it either, and had to research why he suddenly received a $25 cert.
Old 01-18-13, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Please check your point totals before saying you didn't get points. I got "0 points" on the poll today also, but I checked my "Points & Purchases" and the "Facebook - Poll" item was reflected almost immediately. However, my point total did not reflect the additional 25 points until about 30 minutes later.
Old 01-19-13, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 126 Posts

Well this is odd. I thought I should have a certificate by now with how many of these polls I've taken. I logged into my account and it's showing that since my last certificate I've received 11 of the 25 point bonuses and earned 32 points for a purchase. So, I should have 307 points + whatever was leftover after I redeemed my last one two weeks ago. Instead I have 196 points. Guess I'll give it til Monday and then call Best Buy if it hasn't fixed itself.
Old 01-19-13, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Lame, I got my first 0 point day for today's poll about cameras. I picked DSLR, so maybe avoid that one.
Old 01-19-13, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Todd B.
I got "0 points" on the poll today also, but I checked my "Points & Purchases" and the "Facebook - Poll" item was reflected almost immediately. However, my point total did not reflect the additional 25 points until about 30 minutes later.
Same here.
Old 01-19-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Lame, I got my first 0 point day for today's poll about cameras. I picked DSLR, so maybe avoid that one.
you can't get 0 points, at least according to how they word it on the site. any answer will get you points.
Old 01-19-13, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Well this is odd. I thought I should have a certificate by now with how many of these polls I've taken. I logged into my account and it's showing that since my last certificate I've received 11 of the 25 point bonuses and earned 32 points for a purchase. So, I should have 307 points + whatever was leftover after I redeemed my last one two weeks ago. Instead I have 196 points. Guess I'll give it til Monday and then call Best Buy if it hasn't fixed itself.
This happened to me earlier in the week. I had 6 points left over after redeeming a $5 certificate at the start of Upgrade and Save. Then this promotion started and I noticed it after I only had 106 points when I should have been well over 200. I could even add up all of the 25 point additions to my RZ account but for some reason even though they were in there the total only showed 106. After 3 emails to BB it proved useless to try and fight over it for free points.

I did just get another $5 from these polls so I can't complain too much
Old 01-19-13, 01:46 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks so much @LASERMOVIES, I just got my first certificate!
Old 01-19-13, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
you can't get 0 points, at least according to how they word it on the site. any answer will get you points.
It told me I got zero, but I just logged in on the reward zone page and there they were.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.