Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dark Shadows: The Complete Series (4/10/2012)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Dark Shadows: The Complete Series (4/10/2012)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-12, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dark Shadows: The Complete Series (4/10/2012)

I would Buy the coffin sets, Not the “new” singles, because the Coffin sets will have the bloopers that were cut/edited out of the original single releases. Worldvision, The dvd facility, or MPI made cuts to the first several original single releases. The cuts that were made, for example, were: Episode 451 Bethia Mapes forgetting her lines and someone off-screen feeding her the lines and many other Bloopers from volumes 4-6 that were actually a part of the show. If you know the show as well as I do you know what I mean. If you own the original singles sets as I do we should be given the opportunity to get the replacement discs that have all of the original material that was cut or edited out. I have called them about this and they are giving me wishy washy answers. What Discs have the restored content? Anyone who has any updated information on which discs in the new coffin sets are different from the original single releases kindly post here.
Thanks.
Old 06-12-12, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$345.18 Shipped. Use coupon code: SAVE10

http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2396...nal-Series-DVD

I made enough profit selling my original limited edition set to more than pay for this standard edition. I sold it for $899.00 on Amazon Marketplace, after the original buyer canceled her order.
Old 06-12-12, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
$345.18 Shipped. Use coupon code: SAVE10

http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2396...nal-Series-DVD

I made enough profit selling my original limited edition set to more than pay for this standard edition. I sold it for $899.00 on Amazon Marketplace, after the original buyer canceled her order.
Nice profit! Got $650.00 for mine from an internet buyer shortly after its release which almost doubled what I paid for my original set. Will eventually rebuy the re-release after it comes down a little. Didn't really care about the autographed card anyway and as wierd as it might sound I didn't like that stupid red circular sticker on the front of the coffin!!!