Reload this Page >

Ghost Recon Future Soldier...2012 Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-31-12, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Surprised there's not a newer one up yet on the soon-to-be-released Ghost Recon Future Soldier so instead of bringing the original one up from the dead here's one for everyone to comment on.

Release Date...May 22, 2012

Offical Site...

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal...ome/index.aspx

Latest Bonus Offers...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._rd_i=14220161

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...-edition/77068

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14290976

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

Latest Trailer.....Guerrilla Mode....coop play

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:728582" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed>

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - UK Insde Recon: Guerilla Mode, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-01-12 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-31-12, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier...2012 Thread

I've been a fan of the series so I'm really interested in this.
Old 04-19-12, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed my Splinter Cell Conviction game I got for 10 bucks came with the GR:FS beta. Looking forward to giving it a go this weekend.
Old 04-20-12, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After playing the beta all I can say is:

The game sucks. A lot.

Really nothing good about it. GRAW 2 was better in every way, especially graphically.
Old 04-20-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous

The game sucks. A lot.

Really nothing good about it. GRAW 2 was better in every way, especially graphically.
I love the previous version of this game, it ranks behind RB6:LV and Diablo series for my all time favorites, but I have heard nothing good from Beta players and this is disapointing. I am tempted to order from Game Stop for the deluxe upgrade, but until I hear something positive this might be a rental first.
Old 04-20-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by anomynous

The game sucks. A lot.

Well after being shafted by all the hype and final result of RE: Racoon City iIwas hoping after all the countless delays this would be a winner and I'd actually end up buying & keeping a game. I didn't even open RE:RC...sent it back still wrapped.

Can you give a bit more insight to all the "sucks" of the game. I and a few other friends were planning on jumping on this for the coop. But after being burned on RE:RC....I'm really hesitant about any pre-orders much less a week after the game comes out.
Old 04-20-12, 06:49 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the maps are smaller that GRAW 2...not sure how I feel about them yet....if the idea of a slower paced call of duty sounds fun, you might like it a lot....if you are a die-hard GRAW nut you might not be happy.

As for graphics...I thought the game looked amazing. Having put near 200 hours into GRAW 2, there is NO WAY you can say this game does not look better.

Also, there are coop modes for this game, along with the fact that the single player campaign can be played 4 player coop. The demo is just the MP part.

I have faith this game is going to be worth it. If the MP part is a let down, the rest of the game should make up for it.
Old 04-20-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went over to the offical site and glanced at the forum on that has a topic..."Beta Feedback". I'll spend more time reading and I'm sure more are to come but the negative is outdoing the positive so far. Granted it is "Beta" but while some are complaining about certain quirks in the game several are also mentioning it the idea of the game....that it's not GR. Got a month to figure it out and wait and see.

Update...A friend had a few spare codes for the beta and he gave me one last night. i think a few of us are going to give it a go together tonight. I'm not much interested in actual fighting as I am about controls, movement, interaction, display, etc...I just hope I can get in and try things out without someone just in to rack up some beta stats to brag about.

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-21-12 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-22-12, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

I loved GRAW2.

Got a Beta code and I'm sort of indifferent on what I've played so far.

Everyone playing like it's Team Deathmatch got really annoying quick.
Old 04-23-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if all the people bitching about the game are MW/BF/Halo players, the ones that this series has never appealed to in the first place or if they are GRAW2 fans. GRAW was my favorite series but after playing RB6:LV I really prefer the controls on it and am hoping they use mor RB6 controls vs GRAW controls.
Old 04-23-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

Nothing has captured the magic that was RB6:LV IMO. I played that game for hours on end.
Old 04-23-12, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Nothing has captured the magic that was RB6:LV IMO. I played that game for hours on end.
I only played the first Rainbow Six: Vegas game, but man was that game addicting.
Old 04-23-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the demo enough but its just another reminder of how bad I am at shooters, even when they are slower paced strategical ones
Old 04-23-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I only played the first Rainbow Six: Vegas game, but man was that game addicting.

That one was the best....A RS game has been long overdue.

I did read some more feedback at the offical site's forum and it hasn't ben all good. In fact many have stated they're cancelling their pre-order. It sounds most or really disappointed in the "new direction" of the game and it's no longer GR. One even said it's another BF or COD with claustrophobic maps and spray & pray.
Old 04-24-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
It sounds most or really disappointed in the "new direction" of the game and it's no longer GR. One even said it's another BF or COD with claustrophobic maps and spray & pray.

This is what I was afraid. I don't like the run & gun of the BF/COD and have always loved the GR/RB6 series. I still play RB6:LV2 and still have a blast (the cover system is the greatest most realistic in any shooter IMO) because I love the tactical aspect and the coordination needed for it. I threw in GRAW2 the other day after playing Vegas 2 and I was really disapointed, Vegas series really set the bar to the ceiling.
Old 04-25-12, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe someone can help me. Ubisoft emailed me a beta code. I put it my xbox and the code was invalid. How do I access the darn thing?
Old 04-25-12, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know how to access the GR beta on 360???????
Old 04-26-12, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I like the gun customization but the two maps for the beta are awful.
Old 04-26-12, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Does anyone know how to access the GR beta on 360???????
Press the Guide Button, Go to Redeem Code, enter the code the same way you would enter XBL Points.

From then it should prompt you to download the Beta.
Old 04-26-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Press the Guide Button, Go to Redeem Code, enter the code the same way you would enter XBL Points.

From then it should prompt you to download the Beta.
I know how to redeem codes I just think Ubisoft sent me a code for computer gaming which I don't do.

I have a code that I tried that with but it didn't work. The numbers are set different from the normal Xbox codes it like this:

its starts with 3 letters then a -

Last edited by Larry C.; 04-26-12 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-26-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the beta is a disappointment. Guess I'll be playing GRAW 2 on PS3 for longer than I thought. I still can't find a modern game that recaptures the play style. Tried Battlefield, Socom, and numerous others and keep going back to GRAW 2.
Old 04-27-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you played Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 or 2? It is similar, a small 4 man team being more stealthy/enclosed areas vs open terrain with a more battle type feel. I like the controls much better and you still need to strategy like GRAW. The cover/shoot from cover system is awesome, the most realistic cover in any game I have played - surprise soldiers don't just run full speed into the open blasting away.
Old 04-27-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Larry C.
I know how to redeem codes I just think Ubisoft sent me a code for computer gaming which I don't do.

I have a code that I tried that with but it didn't work. The numbers are set different from the normal Xbox codes it like this:

its starts with 3 letters then a -
If it's the wrong one, just email Ubisoft back and see if you can get a 360 code.

Also there are a ton of Video Game forums where folks are just posting their extra codes for all to take.
Old 04-27-12, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it's the wrong one, just email Ubisoft back and see if you can get a 360 code.

Also there are a ton of Video Game forums where folks are just posting their extra codes for all to take.
Thanks. I'm not going to go hunting for it. It I get one I get it. If not oh well.
Old 04-28-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
Have you played Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 or 2? It is similar, a small 4 man team being more stealthy/enclosed areas vs open terrain with a more battle type feel. I like the controls much better and you still need to strategy like GRAW. The cover/shoot from cover system is awesome, the most realistic cover in any game I have played - surprise soldiers don't just run full speed into the open blasting away.
I tried Rainbow 6 Vegas years ago but didn't try the multiplayer (had an XBox 360 at the time and didn't have gold at the time). I found the single player incredibly difficult and sort of lost interest. Plus, one of the things I like about GR is that usually it takes place in large outdoor environments. Unless I'm mistaken that doesn't seem to be the case with any of the Rainbow Six games.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.