The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

Old 12-10-11, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

The Last of Us

Genre: Action
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: Naughty Dog Software

"Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.

Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/thy6p9uTNvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-10-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
re: The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

Was very interested in this even before I knew Naughty Dog was involved.
Old 12-10-11, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Something in my mind told me it was going to be Naughty Dog on this one. Looks pretty good as this trailer was supposed to be in game only. If this is indeed ingame only and not a cutscene then I'm impressed.
Old 12-10-11, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was hoping for something a little more original from Naughty Dog than yet another post-apocalyptic horror game, but this looks like it could be pretty good.

BTW, I could see that as a movie with Ellen Page and Gerard Butler.
Old 12-10-11, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

If that wasn't Ellen Page in the trailer, it looked and sounded just like her. My guess is that it is and they're doing the L.A. Noire treatment with this one. No IMDB listing for the game yet, so we'll have to wait and see. But it has to be her, right?
Old 12-10-11, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That definitely looked and sounded a LOT like her. Would be cool if it was actually her doing it.

Also according to a tweet by the creative director this is not an extension to the UC series (some people though it might be). And it's been in development for 2 years now

#thelastofus of is Naughty Dog’s 4th franchise and the game I’ve been working on for the last two years.

Last edited by glassdragon; 12-10-11 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-11-11, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
The Last Of Us

This looks darn good.

Originally Posted by Strafer

Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.

Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US.

GameTrailers[DOWNLOAD High Quality HD MP4 Trailer]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qLGxubfC1Ik?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA ANNOUNCES THE LAST OF US, A NEW PLAYSTATION®3 EXCLUSIVE DEVELOPED BY NAUGHTY DOG

LOS ANGELES, December 10, 2011 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC announced today The Last of Us, a new franchise created exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Naughty Dog, the creators of the highly acclaimed and best-selling UNCHARTED™ series, The Last of Us was unveiled in a world premiere trailer at the Spike TV 2011 Video Game Award Show.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

“We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time,” said Evan Wells, Co-President of Naughty Dog. “Naughty Dog’s mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry.”

The Last of Us is developed by some of the industry most talented game designers including Bruce Straley, game director, and Neil Druckmann, creative director. Naughty Dog advanced to the forefront of the videogame industry in 1996 with the successful introduction of Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation. The developer extended the franchise with Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Crash Team Racing, selling 22 million copies worldwide and led to Naughty Dog being the most successful video game developer in the United States for that console generation. The team then created the Jak and Daxter franchise including Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy®, Jak II™, Jak 3™ and Jak X: Combat Racing™. All four titles are PlayStation®2 “Greatest Hits”. In 2007 the team released UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune® and followed with UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ and the recent November launch of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™. Having currently sold over 13 million units worldwide, the UNCHARTED franchise represents some of the most impressive graphics, sound and processing capabilities found on PS3.

Further information about the game as well as images and videos can be found at http://www.lastofus.com and http://www.naughtydog.com. The Last of Us is (RP) rating pending. For more information about the ESRB visit http://www.esrb.org.

[CENTER]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KFnYY25nuNc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://twitter.com/#!/cbalestra/sta...72422534823936
That's right... We have 2 teams at Naughty Dog now and our next game on PS3 is 'The Last of Us' #LastOfUs #NaughtyDog
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8kiHEkiUcY?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by RocShemp; 12-11-11 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-11-11, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Last Of Us

Great trailer. Graphics look amazing. Hope this isn't another Dead Island but with Naughty Dog I think it'll be pretty good.
Old 12-11-11, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

Looked like Ellen Page, but I don't think it sounded like her at all. Looks cool.
Old 12-11-11, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

It's supposedly Ashley Johnson:

http://twitter.com/#!/TheVulcanSalut...75226334760960

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424534/
Old 12-11-11, 10:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Finally, a game in the underutilized zombie genre!
Old 12-11-11, 12:10 PM

She was great in Fast Food Nation. But yeah, it's pretty clear that the artists used Ellen Page as a reference for that character. They often do that as a jumping-off point, not with the intention of copying someone's look so completely that they might get sued. But naming her Ellie does kind of seem to be pushing it.

Originally Posted by mhg83
Old 12-12-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Reminds me of Enslaved.
Old 12-12-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Reminds me of Enslaved.
That makes sense as the Lead Designer for Enslaved is working on it :P

Oh, and apparently we're not the only ones thinking it was Ellen Page. They had to actually do a press release telling people it wasn't her

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ar-ellen-page/

Naughty Dog has provided a few new details about its post-apocalyptic PS3 exclusive The Last of Us, revealing the voice acting and development talent working on game.

Click to view larger image
Although Ellie, the young girl seen slaying zombies in the debut trailer, looks and sounds like Ellen Page, it isn't.

Creative Director at Naughty Dog, Neil Druckmann, took to Twitter to clear up rumors by confirming that on-the-run humans Ellie and Joel, are played by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker.

Over the weekend Naughty Dog briefly spoke about the two lead characters in The Last of Us; "Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States."

Johnson's previous voice acting credits include Teen Titans and Ben 10 Alien Force, while Baker has provided his talents for Two-Face in Arkham City, Snow in Final Fantasy XIII and its sequel, Vincent in Catherine, and Booker DeWitt in Irrational's upcoming BioShock Infinite.
Old 12-12-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

All I know is that thanks to her resemblance to Ellen Page, I'm gonna be crushing on a video game character.
Old 12-12-11, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
All I know is that thanks to her resemblance to Ellen Page, I'm gonna be crushing on a video game character.
She looks like she is 13-14 years old.

Old 12-12-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Reminds me of Enslaved.
When they stepped outside the house into the grassy over-run city, I thought the same thing. This looks WAY more engrossing though.
Old 12-12-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Great trailer. Graphics look amazing. Hope this isn't another Dead Island but with Naughty Dog I think it'll be pretty good.
You don't want the game to be great?
Old 12-12-11, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Graphics are gorgeous especially the scenes outside.
Old 12-13-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
Graphics are gorgeous especially the scenes outside.

Did I miss something? The trailer looks all CGI, no actual gameplay.
Old 12-13-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Did I miss something? The trailer looks all CGI, no actual gameplay.
Those are the graphics generated by the game itself, rather than being made as a movie. So the game should look that good.
Old 01-26-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

Very nice trailer, looking forward to this. I don't think an official release date has been set.
Old 01-26-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
She looks like she is 13-14 years old.

So she's legal in Spain and Mexico.
Old 02-04-12, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://gamingeverything.com/14830/th...uel-talk-more/
Old 05-17-12, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ShP5xn9Tz90?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ShP5xn9Tz90?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.