Reload this Page >

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-12-09, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trailer was shown today at the Spike VGAs. Looks pretty cool, although I'm surprised they are using the Joker again. Here is the website which will have the trailer soon:

http://arkhamhasmoved.com

This is the game I'm most excited for next year.
Old 12-12-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Sequel

I didn't expect this so soon! It's already the only game I need for next year, oh man I can't wait.

Last edited by Brent L; 12-12-09 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-12-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope it's just not some rushed and hurried crappy sequel.
Old 12-12-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/ad4d97c3" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/ad4d97c3" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Want this game now!

Originally Posted by mcfly
I hope it's just not some rushed and hurried crappy sequel.
While it's cool we're getting a sequel this quick, I agree that it may turn out to be a quick cash grab. I was thinking more like 2011 for this game.

Last edited by mhg83; 12-12-09 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-12-09, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While it's cool we're getting a sequel this quick, I agree that it may turn out to be a quick cash grab. I was thinking more like 2011 for this game.
Unless they were planning it from the get-go, which they very well may have. I mean, there are a slew of obvious villain picks left out of the first game that seem purposeful.

Let's just hope that they do a better job with the conclusion, because that was the only thing lacking from an otherwise brilliant and deep license game.
Old 12-13-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Can't wait.
Old 12-13-09, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I highly doubt this comes out next year. 2011 if we're lucky.
Old 12-13-09, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't see this for next year either. Though, there are a few huge games with 2 year development cycles (Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 2), so 1 year isn't that crazy. Especially if they use a lot of the same assets and such.

I'm not even gonna front. This game could be half as good as the first, and that still would be awesome for me. I think Joker is in the trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up being the major villain in this. This is just a teaser after all.
Old 12-13-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also surprised to see even a teaser this early. I'd bet on 2011...but then again...it is Eidos.
Old 12-13-09, 10:23 AM
gamer for life

they could have been working on this from the start, which means it could kick serious ass...
Old 12-13-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed the Iceberg lounge is in the trailer, wonder if it is a hint?
Old 12-13-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
they could have been working on this from the start, which means it could kick serious ass...
Sure. Both Rainbow Six Vegas and L4D produced high-quality sequels in just a year, so it's not like it's impossible (though unusual).
Old 12-13-09, 11:35 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Decker
Sure. Both Rainbow Six Vegas and L4D produced high-quality sequels in just a year, so it's not like it's impossible (though unusual).
and both of the games you mentioned were actually better than the first...but there also was a few that thought they were not different enough, or should have been dlc.
Old 12-13-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Very cool trailer, but man it seems way too soon. The game just came out this summer.
Old 12-13-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like they are moving the game into Gotham, which could potentially remove some of that Metroid "trapped but opening new areas" feel that I loved so much about the first.
Old 12-13-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts

awesome.
Old 12-13-09, 02:18 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by chess
It looks like they are moving the game into Gotham, which could potentially remove some of that Metroid "trapped but opening new areas" feel that I loved so much about the first.
They still can pull this off,,,
Old 12-13-09, 06:51 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope it's good, but moving it into Gotham should make the game larger and more epic than the last one, and I worry they won't be able to pull it all off in time if they're planning to release it in 2010.
Old 12-14-09, 06:32 PM
Banned

The original site has updated now and has the video directly on the billboard sign. After that there is a short animation sequence that shows where the Joker is seated with the IV.
Old 12-16-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't imagine the type of pressure the developers and writers of this game are under. I mean, Arkham Asylum was such a good game and received so much widespread praise and acclaim, and you just know that people are going to be looking for anything to say they failed and that it didn't match the success of the original. I think branching out into Gotham City is a good first step.

I'd also really like to see them branch out and include characters they only alluded to in the previous game. Based on things included in that trailer it seems a safe bet we'll see Penguin and Two-Face involved i nsoem way or another. It'd also be great to see Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Deadshot, Black Mask, Great White Shark, and Catwoman. I think it's also be cool to see some gameplay as Bruce Wayne and have Hush mess with him during that time when he is sans Batsuit.
Old 12-16-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

Based on things included in that trailer it seems a safe bet we'll see Penguin and Two-Face involved
I'm pretty sure that at the end of AA, Batman receives a message that says "Two Face" is tearing up the streets of Gotham. Maybe I'm imagining that.
Old 12-17-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm pretty sure that at the end of AA, Batman receives a message that says "Two Face" is tearing up the streets of Gotham. Maybe I'm imagining that.
Now that you mention it, I think you're right.
Old 12-18-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I can't imagine the type of pressure the developers and writers of this game are under. I mean, Arkham Asylum was such a good game and received so much widespread praise and acclaim, and you just know that people are going to be looking for anything to say they failed and that it didn't match the success of the original. I think branching out into Gotham City is a good first step.
I guarantee the gaming intelligencia that loved Batman: AA is going to rip the sequel apart. If it's anything like AA, it's going to get dinged for not innovating enough or for going over the same ground again. I say fuck them, and just give me more of that Batman goodness. It's worked for Zelda, it's worked for the 3d Metroids, and it can work with Batman.
Old 12-18-09, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I guarantee the gaming intelligencia that loved Batman: AA is going to rip the sequel apart. If it's anything like AA, it's going to get dinged for not innovating enough or for going over the same ground again. I say fuck them, and just give me more of that Batman goodness. It's worked for Zelda, it's worked for the 3d Metroids, and it can work with Batman.
I agree with your sentiment, more of the same would be fine. [jerry sienfeld]Having said that[/jerry seinfeld], the Bane boss fight mechanic got pretty old before the game was over and if that didn't find its way into the sequel, I'd be just fine with that.
Old 12-18-09, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I agree with you. There is room for improvement, but they don't need to go and re-invent the wheel. Refinement is what's called for here, not overhaul. Give me a few more combos, a few new gadgets, some new locations, and some new villains to fuck up and I'm happy. But yeah, the Bane-like fights can sit the sequel out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.