witcher 2

this game is coming out next week.
anyone else interested in it? or am i the only pc gamer left in this world
any early reviews on it?
Old 05-10-11, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: witcher 2

I am very interested in this game, but I need to build my new PC first.
Old 05-10-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts

*Needs to check out first Witcher game he picked up in a recent Steam sale.
Old 05-10-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 871 Likes on 642 Posts

Hope you didn't pay too much. GOG has it for $4.99 right now.
Old 05-10-11, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan
Hope you didn't pay too much. GOG has it for $4.99 right now.
You got me curious. I checked and I picked up Witcher Enhanced Edition and F.E.A.R Complete for $14.98 total on 12/26. No idea how those two purchases were split though. I think Witcher was like $6 or so. I'd rather pay $2 extra and have it on Steam over GOG in either case.
Old 05-10-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking forward to it. I loved the first game. I just finished playing through it again to get ready for the sequel. Great game, even with the bad voice acting and dialogue, which seemed even worse after just playing Dragon Age 2.

All the previews I've seen for The Witcher 2 have been awesome. It looks like they've really improved from the first one. Hopefully they have more than 3-4 character models this time.
Old 05-11-11, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

I enjoyed The Witcher, and I'm sure I'll play the sequel eventually. Though when game companies pull stuff like "Enhanced" editions, it makes me feel like a sucker for buying any game in the first months after release. And I certainly hope there's not going to be the same censorship crap - where the US gets a watered-down version of the game compared to the rest of the world.
Old 05-11-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing that was censored in the US version were some naked boobs, and the Enhanced edition was a free patch if you already owned the game. I would hardly say they suckered anyone who bought it near release. I just played through the Enhanced version, which supposedly improved graphics and such, but I didn't really notice much difference aside from the naked boobs and quicker load times.

From what I've seen in previews, they aren't censoring the US version of the sequel. The Australian version is censored, or course, unless you buy the game through gog.com. They are letting people set their own regions when they buy it there, which would let Austrailian gamers buy the uncensored version.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-2-censorship/
Old 05-11-11, 05:25 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

playing the first witcher now for the first time....about 10 hours in....

Its a great game so far, and I look forward to Witcher 2, but I think I will wait till I can get it under 20...
Old 05-11-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghym
The only thing that was censored in the US version were some naked boobs, and the Enhanced edition was a free patch if you already owned the game. I would hardly say they suckered anyone who bought it near release. I just played through the Enhanced version, which supposedly improved graphics and such, but I didn't really notice much difference aside from the naked boobs and quicker load times.
I know the censorship was just naked boobs, but it's the principle of the thing that bothered me ... about not getting to see the version of the game the developers intended. The deal with Witcher seemed particularly silly since the game was already rated "M" ... it's not like the naked dryads and "sexual conquest" cards would've pushed it over to a "AO" rating.

About the Enhanced version ... it wasn't the money, it was the time/effort. I rarely replay RPGs (just don't have the time with 50+ hour games). So when I make the effort to support the company and buy the game new, it makes me regret my support when a supposedly better gaming experience comes to those who just waited. I know it's just not Witcher that does this (it seems a pretty prevalent practice in gaming these days). But it upsets me more, since I feel a smaller CRPG production like Witcher needs more support.
Old 05-16-11, 09:14 PM

According to Joystiq the developers of this game just announced that all Witcher 2 DLC will be free. That includes the day one DLC. It does not include future expansions, but seems pretty generous still.
Old 05-16-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still need to play the original.
Old 05-17-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started the Steam download before I went to work. It should be ready when I get home tonight.
Old 05-20-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PC Gamer has a review up.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/the-witcher-2-review/

I'm a little ways into Chapter 1, but so far I'd agree with this review. The game is beautiful, and the animations and voice acting are greatly improved over the first game. The new combat system is OK, except I have trouble when fighting large groups of enemies. I'm enjoying it a lot though.

To get the free DLC, you have to register the game. There's an option in the game launcher.
Old 05-20-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just started playing it.
The graphics are really nice. Voice acting is also excellent.
Got stuck in the beginning already.
I clicked on a dialog option and couldn't get past this dragon, so i restarted it with the first dialog option and got a sex scene with full nudity

I am hoping i can get past the dragon replaying with the first dialog option, otherwise this game might be too hard and i might need to lower the difficulty from normal.
Old 05-20-11, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fyi, if you check the witcher 2 OT on neogaf, there are some saves from the first witcher which you can import to start witcher 2.
Old 05-21-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought the first on gog.com for 5 bucks, lets see how good it is.
Old 05-23-11, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was disappointed with Dragon Age II (loved the first one)
Played it for a few hours now and finding this game to be awesome!
has a really good story, voice acting, amazing graphics and really fun combat.
I see it more as an action/rpg though.

I'm collecting tons of craft items like wood/cloth etc.
Is there a place where i can store these?
They are eating up alot of my inventory weight.
Old 05-23-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't found anywhere to store exta inventory.

Other than getting frustrated with combat from time to time, I'm still really enjoying this game. I think I'm almost done with Chapter 1. I like it much better than Dragon Age 2.
Old 05-27-11, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 1.1 patch is out now. First patch, and they've already removed the DRM on the retail version.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/27/th...m-is-enormous/

It's a 9GB update on Steam. Mine updated last night. I was getting slow D/L speeds, so it took forever. Haven't been able to check out the game post patch yet. Hopefully there is a menu option to invert the mouse now, instead of having to edit the ini file.
Old 05-27-11, 09:53 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got about 20 hours into Witcher 1 and I am not feeling it anymore....

I did see that part 2 might be coming to the 360...will probably run like crap and remove all the sex scenes....
Old 05-27-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ghym
The 1.1 patch is out now. First patch, and they've already removed the DRM on the retail version.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/27/th...m-is-enormous/

It's a 9GB update on Steam. Mine updated last night. I was getting slow D/L speeds, so it took forever. Haven't been able to check out the game post patch yet. Hopefully there is a menu option to invert the mouse now, instead of having to edit the ini file.
The thing with Steam is you never need to manually install patches of their games. They just download the updated files onto your install. The problem is what got changed in this patch is inside a 9GB compressed data file, so they download the whole thing for a few changes.

Other patches are only 9-15 MB to download.

Last edited by Tscott; 05-27-11 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-31-11, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finished Witcher 2 last night. Besides getting frustrated with combat a few times, I loved the game. It's on my list for games of the year so far. It wasn't quite as long as the first one, but I found most of the quests and areas fun. Nothing as annoying as the swamp area in the first game. I will definately be playing through it again later to see how the different choices affect the game.
Old 05-31-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm having a tough time with the boss fights.
had to change the difficulty from normal to easy for those fights, but easy is a total joke.
They need a difficulty level between normal and easy.

Game has good replay value.
There is a choice you make near the end of chapter 1, which puts you in 2 different directions in the game, so you probably would want to play the game 2x
Old 05-31-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did the same with a couple of boss fights. Especially one where I had to fight a bunch of guys before getting to the boss each time I died. I'm pretty sure I could have ended up beating him on normal, but I got tired of having to fight my way there each time I died. But yeah, easy is a total joke.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.