Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Old 03-22-12, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Got the 2 disc with bonus at Target for 17.99 + Tax, coupon scanned just fine.

I would have liked the BB bonuses, but it wasn't worth the drive for a likely OOS item.
Old 03-22-12, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else get an extra $5 off from Amazon when it shipped the other day?
The first $5 discount coming from when you pre-ordered within a certain window when it was first announced.
I think that's pretty sweet.
$19.99 shipped.
Old 03-22-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to Best Buy yesterday to check on the lunch box exclusive set but they were long gone, so I left and went to Target and bought it there. It was almost a disaster. They had all of the Wokka Wokka sets in those stupid locked clamshell locked cases, and all but one of the slipcovers for all of them were destroyed. It's not even an exaggeration, I almost took a picture to post here. They were crushed all the way around with various rips and tears in the cover. I've never seen such an epic failure when it comes to that sort of thing before. Just awful.

Luckily the ONE I was able to find with the least damage was also one with the Target exclusive Muppet Show bonus disc.

And speaking of that, they only had a few of the ones with the bonus disc. Out of the 20+ sets I'd say only two or three had the bonus disc.
Old 03-22-12, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
The first $5 discount coming from when you pre-ordered within a certain window when it was first announced.
$19.99 shipped.
Yup, me too
Old 03-22-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 736 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
$19.99 shipped.
Everyone who pre-ordered it will get that, because they reduced the price to 24.99 on release day (before your $5 coupon which reduces it to 19.99). It's part of the pre-order price guarantee.

I had already refused my shipment before I found out about the price decrease and picked it up from TRU instead though. I paid about the same with tax (a few cents less actually), but I got the nifty 3D poster, so it's cool.
Old 03-22-12, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I'm a little rusty on the Best Buy Steelbook pre-orders. If I decide to pick up the Target bonus disc version instead (since my Best Buy is out of the lunchbox version), can I get my $7.50 from the pre-order back at BB with just the receipt, or do I have to actually return the Steelbook case to get my money back? I'm not sure where that thing has gotten to since I picked it up.
It depends on the service person at BB. I had one incidence when the person said you need to return the steelbook. I think I had forgotten I had ordered steelbook and already purchased from TRUS and did not have an extra DMR coupon to use at BB.
Old 03-23-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by flansered
There was a lot of discussion over the ethics of that on bluray.com, but you can just take the receipt back to Best Buy and get a refund and keep the case. They won't ask for the case back, but it's up to you to decide if it's considered stealing or not.
Just for the sake of argument and accuracy. When you buy the movie and invoke the $7.50 preorder onto the purchase, they process the $7.50 as a
"return item - Muppets collectible case $7.50- N"
Old 03-23-12, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It says on the preorder ticket that you get a free steelbook case for preordering and putting down a deposit. It goes on to tell you when to pick up your copy by and if you don't you can get a refund of your deposit after this date. Does not say you have to return the case, but it saus to bring the receipt and preorder card. So, I don't see anything unethical about keeping the case, especially if you got a better deal elsewhere or if your local bby were sold out of another exclusive like the lunchbox in this case.
Personally I have returned preorder deposits twice and kept the steelbook case due to the aforementioned reasons and surprisingly bby employees have not given me any problems in that regards. In fact, the first time, with batb, I brought the preorder ticket and asked them specifically if I had to bring back the case to get my money back and they said no. They also told me that any cases they had left after the preorder period was over would either be recycled or thrown out anyway. This Muppets preorder willbe the third one I will be asking for a refund for because I didn't get into my local store in time to get their lunchbox exclusive.
Old 03-24-12, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I was surprised to find a lunchbox set at my local Best Buy when I stopped by yesterday. I guess there is still one or two out there that the scavengers haven't sucked up yet.
Old 03-24-12, 10:49 PM

My Sunday paper ads get delivered on Saturday, so I was able to use the Target coupon from tomorrow's ad for 25% off a Disney Bluray or DVD on the Wocka Wocka edition priced at $24.99. It dropped the price to $18.74, then I used the $5 Disney coupon and paid $13.74 plus tax. My Target was out of the ones with the Muppet Show sampler, so I missed out on that.
Old 03-25-12, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 781 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Letterman
My Sunday paper ads get delivered on Saturday, so I was able to use the Target coupon from tomorrow's ad for 25% off a Disney Bluray or DVD on the Wocka Wocka edition priced at $24.99. It dropped the price to $18.74, then I used the $5 Disney coupon and paid $13.74 plus tax. My Target was out of the ones with the Muppet Show sampler, so I missed out on that.
Genius, I hadn't thought of that trick.
Old 03-25-12, 10:50 AM
Banned

Any chance the 20% coupon is in the Target flyer in-store?
Old 03-25-12, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't get the Sunday paper until Sunday, so buying the Muppets (which I had already bought last week with the DMR coupon) with the 25% off coupon and last week's price was impossible. However, Target is pretty good about applying missed coupons to a prior transaction within 14 days, so I'd suggest everyone who bought there to go to customer service with your receipt and the Target coupon and say you'd like to apply the Target coupon to your prior purchase. Some people here may complain and say that's evil, but I've been told by multiple employees this is Target's price adjustment/missed coupon policy within 14 days (or maybe it was 15). I haven't done it very often, but I think I've never been denied within 14 days (afterwards it's YMMV).

Target rarely has their ads or flyers with coupons in their store, and if they do have any with these coupons they will not last long.
Old 03-25-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is also a smart phone coupon in store. Text EASTER to TARGET(827438)
and you will be sent a link to the barcode. I just used it to get The Rocketeer for 14.99
Old 03-25-12, 10:03 PM

Received 763 Likes on 497 Posts

Picked it up at Target w/ the coupon and watched it last night with the kidlets... pretty good show.
Old 03-26-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a note about the coupons on the outside of the weekly ad - they were on the ones I saw available in store too. Just in case somebody didn't get an ad in the paper.
Old 03-26-12, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by sotra
Just a note about the coupons on the outside of the weekly ad - they were on the ones I saw available in store too. Just in case somebody didn't get an ad in the paper.
Where did you see these coupons (i.e. customer service, front of store, game or electronics section)? Fortunately I got them on the outside of my Target ad, but it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set just in case.
Old 03-26-12, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Printable coupons can be accessed on this page:

http://weeklyad.target.com/lewisvill...56/categories#

Online promo code is: TGTWGYS6
Old 03-27-12, 08:53 AM

I took my Muppets receipt from last week and the 25% off Disney coupon to Target CS who then gave me back $6.25 in cash. Unfortunately when you apply coupons after the fact, you don't get your tax back on that amount unlike had you used it at the point of sale, but something is much better than nothing. I don't know any other store willing to do missed coupons (usually w/o any hassle) within 14 days which is probably why Target is my first choice (along with 90 days to change my mind). Other stores will usually tell you to return the old one and re-buy through the normal checkout lines with the missed coupon (which works fine unless the price has gone up).