Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 03-15-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly disappointing that the coupon is only valid on the Wokka Wokka pack. Coupon expires 3/25/11.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...tscoupon_print
or www.muppetscoupon.com
Old 03-15-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: $5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

If it's like every other Disney coupon it'll work on the regular blu ray combo pack (unless the person selling it won't try to scan it).
Old 03-15-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
If it's like every other Disney coupon it'll work on the regular blu ray combo pack (unless the person selling it won't try to scan it).
Yeah, I'm sure the register will accept it. But YMMV on the cashier accepting it. Personally, I want the Walmart exclusive. Huge YMMV on WM cashiers doing anything right, even if I was buying the proper item.
Old 03-15-12, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this in the DVD forum, but I can't get this to print. The coupon application is trying to send it to a wireless printer that I haven't had in two years. I have a new printer which is installed, attached to the computer, and set as default. I have exhausted my two attempts at printing the coupon. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
Old 03-15-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the prices for the 2-Disc and 3-Disc sets at Target and Best Buy in the main DVD Bargains thread.

Target

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
Target exclusive 2-Disc and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Packs include a bonus The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD.

Best Buy

3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) with Collectible Lunch Box - $27.99 ($22.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive*
Use $5 off The Muppets 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon to save more!

Does anyone have the Toys R Us prices?

I think a number of us have pre-orders there since they had the $10 off any Disney movie $19.99 or more with $5 pre-order.
Old 03-15-12, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I'll take the 5 dollars off plus my pre-order with the steelbook from Best Buy and get it there. Thanks OP for the heads up on the coupon!
Old 03-15-12, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Ill get mine at est BUy since i did the steel case thing. So the lunch box and I pay about $15 on Tuesday
Old 03-15-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Was there a free steelbook preorder in stores? Can that still be done up through Monday night at any BB store or was it one of those things where they had a few steelbooks hidden on endcaps quite a while ago and you had to find one and buy it before other people (including resellers) bought them up?

Until recently I hadn't paid attention to discussions about The Muppets, and when people were talking about it I thought they were talking about a re-release of the old The Muppet Movie.

The steelbook aside, one can pay $19.99 (after coupon) at Target with 6 episodes of the series or $22.99 (after coupon) at BB if you want the lunchbox? Too bad I can't find any pictures of the lunchbox to see if it's worth $3.

Either way, $19.99 doesn't seem too bad. I still worry Disney will go back and convert The Muppets to 3D and release that in the near future, but it's hard to predict which ones studios think are worth 3D-ing. (My best predictor is they will convert the ones I've already bought and opened. )

Regarding the question about whether the coupon will work on the 2 disc version, based on past experience with Disney coupons at Target the answer is 99% likely yes and getting a cashier who won't pay attention is about 50% likely, but for a $2 difference and getting the full soundtrack I'd only want the 3 disc version anyway.
Old 03-16-12, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts

There were several steelbooks available at my local Best Buy this afternoon, FWIW. $7.50 preorder price for the steelbooks. I'd jump on it, but I used a $5 Pre-order coupon plus a $10 off $50 coupon on this item plus a concert Blu Ray at Amazon that has long shipped. Right now with The Muppets Wokka Wokka pack being $29.99 it seems that my cost after remaining coupon value will be $18.60. If they PM Best Buy, I guess it'll be $2 less than that. I'd like the steelbook and lunch box, but with tax it would be $8-$9 more to go that route. Don't think it's worth that much....
Old 03-16-12, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
Either way, $19.99 doesn't seem too bad. I still worry Disney will go back and convert The Muppets to 3D and release that in the near future, but it's hard to predict which ones studios think are worth 3D-ing. (My best predictor is they will convert the ones I've already bought and opened. )
Muppets was never in 3D, so you don't have to worry about that... No studio has ever converted a non-3D title to 3D just for BD. If you're talking about a 3D conversion to re-release to the theater like Lion King or Phantom Menace or Titanic, I highly doubt you'll have to worry about that... There are many more movies they'd rather convert to 3D first, especially the animated titles which are easier to convert. If they wanted Muppets to be in 3D, they would have released it that way.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 03-16-12 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-16-12, 09:05 AM

Yes, I was worried about a 3D reconversion of The Muppets like they did to The Lion King. Only time will tell...

I just got screwed on my Muppets coupons in my DMR account. For the first time ever, I couldn't print either of my 2 coupons. It just sat there showing that it was sending the coupons to my printer but it never did. DMR now says I have printed them both but I actually got none.

I verified the printer was fine and able to print from that computer, and then I also tried printing coupons from coupons.com (because it uses the same coupon printer software) from this computer and a different computer... same problem. Both computers worked a few weeks ago, but wait... these are both Windows 2K computers (sorry that I like 2K better than XP and I haven't bought any newer OSes yet) so I'm thinking they changed something recently that requires XP or higher now. Too bad software people will never leave well enough alone. I may have a bit of struggle getting these coupons now. Another family member has a DMR account and if I get screwed on that one then I guess I'll have to make another account just for this. I never thought I'd find myself in the same boat as other people who said they couldn't print their coupons when it has worked so well for me for years. I always wonder if it's the fault of an Adobe plug-in as they practically force you to upgrade every 10 seconds (ok, an exaggeration) to a new version to be able to use your browser. I noticed the latest Adobe Flash doesn't support Win2K any more.

EDIT: Yup... coupon printing works fine under XP. Glad I have 1 XP computer at least but it wasn't set up to print. So within the last few weeks some software change was made that prevents Win2K from working with the coupon printing software any more. Now I'm forced to use XP whenever I want to print a coupon. I'm probably 1 of out a million people who prefers Win2K and would keep using it forever if I weren't forced away from it by software companies. Well, I've heard good things about Win7 and would move to that but I need to wait for a super deal on that (haven't seen any yet).

Last edited by Manzana; 03-16-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-16-12, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by flix1

I think a number of us have pre-orders there since they had the $10 off any Disney movie $19.99 or more with $5 pre-order.
That's what I'm waiting for. They usually have their ad on their website on Saturday, so we should be able to find out tomorrow, at the latest. I rarely see the TRU ad get leaked.
Old 03-16-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I totally forgot that I have a TRU pre-order. I may just get a refund on it, since I really want the WM exclusive. I want the BB exclusive too, but getting two is just silly. Unless one of them is sealed inside, then I may just get both and re-sell the sealed copy.
Old 03-16-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I may just get a refund on it, since I really want the WM exclusive.
What is the Walmart exclusive?
Old 03-16-12, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Finger puppets
Old 03-16-12, 02:19 PM

are there any new disney pre-orders at TRU?
Old 03-16-12, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flix1
I saw the prices for the 2-Disc and 3-Disc sets at Target and Best Buy in the main DVD Bargains thread.

Target

3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
Target exclusive 2-Disc and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Packs include a bonus The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD.

Best Buy

3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) with Collectible Lunch Box - $27.99 ($22.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive*
Use $5 off The Muppets 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon to save more!

Don't forget that BB has the special steel book for $7.50 for the BD/DVD blue packaging as well.
Old 03-16-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
Don't forget that BB has the special steel book for $7.50 for the BD/DVD blue packaging as well.
Is it still free with purchase, or are they actually charging an extra $7.5?
Old 03-17-12, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
Is it still free with purchase, or are they actually charging an extra $7.5?
Pretty sure you get $7.50 off the purchase price when you pick up the film, as long as you preordered it.
Old 03-17-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Pretty sure you get $7.50 off the purchase price when you pick up the film, as long as you preordered it.
Agreed. But if you find a steelbook on the shelf 3/20 or later, not sure what they do. My stores are all out. Glad I bought it early... I know you can still get it online, but then you can't use a coupon.
Old 03-17-12, 01:16 PM

Agreed. But if you find a steelbook on the shelf 3/20 or later, not sure what they do. My stores are all out. Glad I bought it early... I know you can still get it online, but then you can't use a coupon.
I was at BB yesterday and looked for the steelbook and then tracked down an employee to do the same. The only steekbook they could find in the back is the DVD-sized one, so I didn't bother preordering. I also asked to see the BB exclusive lunchbox package. It's very small (the lunchbox is barely bigger than a normal BD/DVD package itself... just deeper) and meant for kids. So for an extra $5 and no BD sized steelbook, I'll pass on the tiny lunchbox.

I hadn't heard about exclusive finger puppets at Walmart, but I just looked it up. Provided they aren't finger puppets for people with tiny fingers (i.e. kids), those would be cool, but the Walmart version with the finger puppets leaves out the CD soundtrack. That would make it a YMMV with the potential for coupon denial since it shows the 3 disc version.

In the end I think I'll go with Target's $24.99 package - $5 coupon with the soundtrack + 6 episode sampler.
Old 03-17-12, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I was at BB yesterday and looked for the steelbook and then tracked down an employee to do the same. The only steekbook they could find in the back is the DVD-sized one, so I didn't bother preordering. I also asked to see the BB exclusive lunchbox package. It's very small (the lunchbox is barely bigger than a normal BD/DVD package itself... just deeper) and meant for kids. So for an extra $5 and no BD sized steelbook, I'll pass on the tiny lunchbox.

I hadn't heard about exclusive finger puppets at Walmart, but I just looked it up. Provided they aren't finger puppets for people with tiny fingers (i.e. kids), those would be cool, but the Walmart version with the finger puppets leaves out the CD soundtrack. That would make it a YMMV with the potential for coupon denial since it shows the 3 disc version.

In the end I think I'll go with Target's $24.99 package - $5 coupon with the soundtrack + 6 episode sampler.
Is there more than one size? The BB website only lists one steelbook.
Old 03-17-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I hate that these coupons that use that printer program will not print on my Brother printer/scanner/fax machine. I don't understand the problem here.
Old 03-18-12, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Price for the Muppets 3 disc is going to be $27.99 before coupon, so while $3 more the give-away that comes with it appears to be the best in my opinion. They are giving away a 22x28 3D poster with it. If it is anyway the same quality that The Lion King poster was than is a sweet buy. Now if they only have some pre-order for a new movie to help reduce the price that would be great to know? Will definitely keep my pre-order. Not sure the below link will come up for you guys but I found it by way of the ad online avaialbale now through their website. It's on page 7 at the bottom.

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus...-this-weeks-ad
Old 03-18-12, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Muppets was never in 3D, so you don't have to worry about that... No studio has ever converted a non-3D title to 3D just for BD. If you're talking about a 3D conversion to re-release to the theater like Lion King or Phantom Menace or Titanic, I highly doubt you'll have to worry about that... There are many more movies they'd rather convert to 3D first, especially the animated titles which are easier to convert. If they wanted Muppets to be in 3D, they would have released it that way.
I dunno. I never under-estimate a studios' greed. If they released a 3D now they'd pass up an impulsive buying opportunity. Then release it in 3D later this fall. Wouldn't be surprised if everything gets a quick "3D Stamp" eventually.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.