Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-21-11, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Amazon now has a shipping option called Free No Rush Shipping, where you can elect to wait 5 to 7 days instead of the normal 2 day Prime shipping option, but get a $1 MP3 credit.

I think it's pretty neat for orders you don't need right away, and for those that buy MP3's from Amazon.

Select "FREE No Rush Shipping" and Get $1 to Spend on MP3s
Don't need your items in 2 days? Select "FREE No-Rush Shipping." You'll get your items in 5-7 days, and when they ship you'll get a $1 credit to spend on music at our Amazon MP3 Store.

Upon shipment we'll send you an e-mail confirming that the $1 credit has been applied to your account. You must use this credit by January 31, 2012. Terms and conditions apply.
Old 11-21-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

If it was $1 to spend at their VOD store, I might consider it...but I'm not a music buyer.
Old 11-21-11, 07:43 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
If it was $1 to spend at their VOD store, I might consider it...but I'm not a music buyer.
+1

I'm not interested in the MP3s. But if they offered credit for something else like VOD, I'd be all over it.
Old 11-21-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't really buy music either other then a few CD's here and there, but I figure if you don't need an item right away, might as well take the extra $1 and use it to get a couple one off songs here and there.

Since i'm a Kindle Fire owner now, that'll be useful to use on my Fire
Old 11-22-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I opted for this yesterday when I got in on the $4 Pulp Fiction deal. I don't need to watch the movie right away and 'tis the season for new Christmas singles, so it was a no brainer.

It's a nice little bonus and definitely puts a mark in the "keep" column when my Prime trial runs out.
Old 11-22-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly where did you see this offer? At checkout? I have never seen it.
Old 11-22-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

They actually shipped two of my "No Rush" orders last night. I still have not seem any MP3 credit applied to my account. I figured it would be added automatically upon shipment.
Old 11-22-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Easy
Exactly where did you see this offer? At checkout? I have never seen it.
Yeah, I see it during checkout when you pick your shipping options. It slots in above the normal Prime shipping options.
Old 11-22-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, I see it during checkout when you pick your shipping options. It slots in above the normal Prime shipping options.
I see the button for "no rush shipping" but nothing about $1 for mp3 music. I wonder how I was supposed to know that? Well I tried it. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-22-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Anyone ever seen this before?

Note: $3.99 shipping when purchased from Amazon.com. Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's a product shipping from Amazon that's not eligible for Prime? I hope this is just some special case with Disney book collections and not some trend...
Old 11-22-11, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I see the button for "no rush shipping" but nothing about $1 for mp3 music. I wonder how I was supposed to know that? Well I tried it. We'll see what happens.
Mine looks like this.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By fumanstan at 2011-11-22
Old 11-22-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tried it with Chrome and it works. The problem seems to be IE or Amazon or both. Shit. I bought a lot of stuff yesterday. I wish I had known...
Old 11-22-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by joe_b
They actually shipped two of my "No Rush" orders last night. I still have not seem any MP3 credit applied to my account. I figured it would be added automatically upon shipment.
I got the mp3 promo from buying a dvd box set and it takes a couple of days to get the credit. I have no idea why. They send an email when the credit is available. Having said that, you have to watch them. I did not get credited once and had to remind them. The CSR was nice and apologetic and gave me an extra buck.
Old 11-22-11, 07:53 PM

^ Thanks. Still waiting for the e-mails. I stopped getting the MP3 offer after my fifth order yesterday. I ordered two lightning deal items this morning and was no longer given the option.

However, I ordered the Scarface BD this afternoon and they once again allowed me to select No Rush Shipping. I declined because I was afraid the steelbook pacakage might get damaged in media mail. But earlier this evening, I ordered another lightning deal and the "No Rush" option was missing again.
Old 11-24-11, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I got the same thing: an offer to downgrade myself to 5-7 day shipping with no benefit
Old 11-24-11, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I dove in for the free month of prime... I placed an order on 11/21 Monday for Super 8, which came out 11/22 Tuesday... My hopes were to have it to watch on Thanksgiving Day.. well... alas.. while I got the free month of prime.... it defaulted to the, albeit free, slower shipping... by the time I noticed that I called and there really was nothing they could do.. and said I would have had to pick 2 day shipping to get it.. er.. uh.. well.. that was not an option when I did the sign up to have prime... and looks like delivery on Nov 30... yikes..

btw.. on my next order.. I was offered the 2 day free or slower with $1 credit...
Old 11-24-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Where do you see where they credit you? I know they send an email but I usually don't use it right away and can never remember how much $1 mp3 credit I've built up.
Old 11-24-11, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Pizza
Where do you see where they credit you? I know they send an email but I usually don't use it right away and can never remember how much $1 mp3 credit I've built up.
When you go to buy and mp3 there is a link on the upper right side of the page just under the buy button where you can redeem a code or view your balance.
Old 11-25-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Anyone ever seen this before?

Note: $3.99 shipping when purchased from Amazon.com. Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's a product shipping from Amazon that's not eligible for Prime? I hope this is just some special case with Disney book collections and not some trend...
Yeah I saw it with something else recently:

http://www.amazon.com/Feynman-Lectures-Physics-boxed-set/dp/0465023827/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322238396&sr=1-1
Old 11-26-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've gotten $6 worth of credit now. With plenty of $5 MP3 albums available, i'm definitely happy. I think i'll buy the Muppet Movie soundtrack
Old 11-26-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

I finally got this offer, but it was during yesterday's madness when orders kept crashing and I was trying to check out with a lightning deal. After two failed orders, I gave up and just checked out without the credit.
Old 11-26-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

I found it was showing up on some of my orders and not on others...anyway, I just used it when I saw it, and used 2-day PRIME when I didn't see it.
Old 11-26-11, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I ordered Pulp Fiction when it was really cheap on 11/21 and it arrived today (it was scheduled to get here at the end of next week). Considering there was a no mail holiday in the mix, I don't mind waiting a few days and getting a $1 mp3 credit.
Old 11-27-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

I've ordered a few things and have taken the mp3 credit. Mostly stuff I'm getting for Christmas. Pretty smart thing for Amazon to do, since it really makes you evaluate if you need to get something quickly or not.
Old 11-28-11, 01:59 PM

Two of my items arrived via UPS Next Days Air, despite having selected the "No Rush" option. Also, three of the items I ordered on Tuesday were delivered on Friday via media mail. That's faster than some of the orders I've placed with two-day shipping.

This really is a great promotion. The extra wait for my packages is negligible and I've gotten to download the entire West Side Story soundtrack free of charge.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.