Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Is Anyone Else Getting the Wrong Enrollment Titles?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone before.

My Enrollment DVDs arrived today and when I opened the box, I was surprised to find Gilligan's Island the Complete Series in there instead of King of Queens season 6. I'm pretty sure it's not an enrollment title. Oh well, I'm not complaining and I'm not returning it.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 09-19-11, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Is Anyone Else Getting the Wrong Enrollment Titles?

I've had it happen twice before. When I was a kid in the late 80s, I somehow got this thing where you could get like 4 cassettes from BMG for cheap with no more to buy. I don't remember exactly what I ordered, but I think I ended up with 3 that I wanted and a Scorpions cassette. I had no idea who they were, so I was baffled, especially since I didn't remember what I actually ordered.

The second time it happened was with a book club about 10 years ago. I had ordered Superman For All Seasons and ended up with Conversations with Wilder by Cameron Crowe. They ended up sending me two enrollment packages, one with Superman and one with Conversations. Since they only charged me once, I ended up keeping both shipments. At the time, I had no idea who Billy Wilder was. I still haven't read the book, but I want to see more of Wilder's films before I do.
Old 09-19-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Is Anyone Else Getting the Wrong Enrollment Titles?

Yup I got Friday the 13th the Series for free instead of one of the movies. Then I called them and said I did not receive the thing I wanted and they shipped it.