Reload this Page >

KMart cheap dvd thread

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

KMart cheap dvd thread

Old 05-21-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KMart cheap dvd thread

Looks like KMart is starting up their own line of cheap dvds for $3.99 each. The catch is that they're all Platinum and Echo Bridge dvd. Which are the same company. They had about 20 titles. I did buy 3 of them because I've never seen these titles released on dvd before.

Rear Window starring Christopher Reeve, Daryl Hannah
Hidden in America starring Jeff Bridges, Beau Bridges, Frances McDorrmond
My Brother's Keeper starring John Lithgow, Annette O'Toole, Ellen Burstyn
Old 05-21-08, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested in knowing what else they have on-sale besides the three you mentioned... I rarely go to KMart - maybe once or twice a year at most.
Old 05-22-08, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by kristina
I'm interested in knowing what else they have on-sale besides the three you mentioned... I rarely go to KMart - maybe once or twice a year at most.

I'm with you...it's by far the most depressing store to go to, without exception. Still, if they've got inexpensive DVDs...
Old 05-22-08, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Calamari
I'm with you...it's by far the most depressing store to go to, without exception. Still, if they've got inexpensive DVDs...
I actually like Kmart. It's always so peaceful and calm....sort of like some other places we know of
Old 05-22-08, 08:58 AM

Is there a link directly to the sale? I just checked out Kmart.com and I don't see that sale anywhere!
Old 05-22-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts
^In store only. It's also a YMMV as these are not at the K-Mart close to me. They *have* changed the electronics dept. and rearranged the DVD section, but the selection is worse than before (which I thought would be a difficult thing to accomplish) and the prices are no better, often rivaling Hastings for the highest prices in town.
Old 05-22-08, 04:44 PM
Cool New Member

They have somewhat changed their marketing of DVD's but sub-par and others titles are badly displayed, price not clearly marked. Especially, locking up dvd's behind glass counters costing next to nothing while WalMart is the opposite. No wonder they have little foot traffic and their prices are outrages (that is old titles now $5 @ WalMart are list price @ Kmart. I guess there trying to make the profit margin positive.
Old 05-22-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts
Decided to pop in my local K-mart for the first time in a long time. Nothing to see there - I'm sure it'll be a long time before I pay another visit. My experience has been similar to the previous few posters. Limited selection, higher prices, not very appealing...
Old 08-30-08, 07:13 PM

I bought a couple more from KMart.

$1.99
Trial By Media (aka, An American Daughter) starring Christine Lahti & Tom Skerritt

$3.99
The Lion in Winter starring Patrick Stewart & Glenn Close
By LionsGate / Hallmark Entertainment. This dvd I've always seen for $20.
Old 08-30-08, 07:32 PM

I found two volumes of Starhunter Season 1 at K-Mart a few weeks ago for $5 each. Each volume is a 2 DVD set, and they have all 22 Season 1 episodes between the 2 volumes.

Season 1 was much better than the Starhunter 2300 series re-launch.
Old 09-01-08, 10:04 PM

The dvds at my local Kmart included some from Lionsgate Entertainment.

Picked up Beat (starring Courtney Love, Kiefer Sutherland, Norman Reedus) for $3.99. It includes a director's commentary.

I watched the movie and was shocked to see Kiefer Sutherland's character kiss another guy. The role that Sutherland played in this movie is so different from his role in 24. Not a bad movie for $3.99. It definately was different.
Old 09-02-08, 01:27 AM
KLZ
Cool New Member

My local Kmart has nothing good to offer in the dvd department or really the whole electronics department. I like going in the store now and then, its never very stressful there its almost like we have the store to ourselves sometimes but its usually to look for non electronic stuff which I can say I have got some great deals there before.

Many times I just pass up the electronics department. My local store really seems kinda run down at times, It certainly doesn't add to the enjoyment when they have tons of stuff not price marked or when its marked and it rings up differently at the register or even when two of the same product ring up different prices.. We were at the register the other day and there was a sale in the flyer but it did not ring up correctly at the register.. there were like 4 different people that came over and looked at it and then they finally gave us some BS line about its not part of the sale. w/e, I overheard the conversation in the next line about something not ringing up correctly either.
Old 09-02-08, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been in a K-Mart twice in the past 3 years, and once was just to use the restroom. Their DVD selection always underwhelmed.
Old 04-01-09, 03:46 PM

Re: KMart cheap dvd thread

If you missed Moonlighting S3 at Big Lots, K-Mart now has Season 3 and 5 for only $7.99 each. They also had alot of Voltron tin case of the Black Lion Volume 5 for $9.99.

Last edited by darkhawk; 04-01-09 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-01-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkhawk
If you missed Moonlighting S3 it at Big Lots, K-Mart now has Season 3 and 5 for only $7.99 each. They also had alot of Voltron tin case of the Black Lion Volume 5 for $9.99.
Thanks for the tip. I passed on S5 when I saw it for 5.99 in Vegas, then went back for it that night and it was gone. I'll spend the 2 buck loss to get it, me thinks, since I have all of the other seasons already...
Old 04-04-09, 07:38 PM

The Sandlot 3 is now in their $5 bin
Old 04-04-09, 11:40 PM

Stopped by today and picked up Traffic the unrated mini series for $5.99 and a 2-disc Heroes of Wrestling for $1.99. They had the 3-disc steel book of the Pride Fighting Championship Grand Prix 2000 for $7.99.
Old 07-07-11, 06:52 PM

I was considering starting a KMart thread of my own, when I found this one. Yes, KMart's selection/pricing combination is often underwhelming, but they do get interesting stuff sometimes:

Capricorn One: Special Edition $1.99 (on the wire rack with the really cheap DVD's)

Cyborg 009: Unedited and Uncut 2xDVD (2001) $3.99 (in a free-standing cardboard display)
Old 07-07-11, 07:03 PM

Shopping at K-Mart is almost like shopping online. There's never anyone there, it takes forever to get anything, and pants are optional.
Old 07-07-11, 10:11 PM

I was there yesterday and today. and they just about to have every anchor bay movie from the last 4 or 5 years there for 5 bucks. Plus a lot of other titles.

I bought all the following for 5 dollars each.

Triangle
Dog Soldiers
They
The Shortcut
The Sandlot

And I bought the Halloween 6: Curse of Micheal Myers/ Halloween H20 blu ray double feature for 9.99

I also saw they had the original Dawn of the dead and day of the dead for 5 dollars. Also for 5 dollars were Hatchet, Laid To Rest, Grace, most of the Halloween movies, the his name was Jason Doc for all 5 dollars.
Old 07-08-11, 12:38 AM

Several years ago, I found some interesting Anchor Bay VHS tapes(Bardot films, etc) but it seems like the last few years, it's been hard to find much interesting...then I forget to stop in for several months...sounds like they have some good stuff in again, thanks for the 411!
Old 07-08-11, 03:10 AM

K-Mart is where outdated merchandise goes to die. I half expect to find those old Castle Films Super 8mm films they used to sell in the 1960's every time I go into a K-Mart, which is usually about once every 2 years or so, maybe even less than that.
Old 07-08-11, 07:16 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

K-Mart is where outdated merchandise goes to die
All my visits to the store end the same, disappointment.
Old 07-08-11, 12:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhawk
... from KMart.

$1.99
Trial By Media (aka, An American Daughter) starring Christine Lahti & Tom Skerritt
I used to see Trial by Media (and other Hearst Entertainment TV movies on the PC Treasures label) at Dollar Tree Stores a couple years ago. Their copies had a 2009 copyright date and were in plastic cases about half the thickness of a regular DVD case.

And Cyborg 009 used to be available at Dollar Tree.
Old 07-08-11, 12:30 PM

In the last 12 mos I found "Inspector Clouseu" with Alan Arkin for $2.00 and for $5 the "Muppets in Space/Muppets Take Manahttan" 2 pack. Also seen lots of good $5 double features for 70's films like "Coffy" and "Blacula"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.