View Single Post
Old 06-21-11, 05:06 PM   #1410
Breather

Re: Star Wars CONFIRMED on Blu-ray in 2011!

I received an email response from Lucasfilm. I already knew that "Empire of Dreams" and "From Star Wars to Jedi" would not be on the set or they would have been listed on the disappointing "Star Wars Documentaries" disc.

Some had speculated about the possibility of these two docs somehow being on disc 8. I had hoped they would be right so I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask. The response from Lucasfilm stated that they will indeed not be on the set. Disappointing.

Here's the email response in its entirety:

Dear -----,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are as excited as you about the release of the Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray Disc! It will be great to be able to watch them at home (or anywhere else for that matter) in high definition with high quality sound to match!

While “From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga” and “Empire of Dreams” won't be included with the BD set, there's a ton of previously unseen material that will featured on the bonus discs; the list from the press release is only a top line, bird's eye view of the comprehensive materials that will be included, and isn’t necessarily reflective of them in their entirety.

Discs seven and eight, in particular, highlight a cornucopia of behind-the-scenes material and footage. Even though the vintage docs aren't included, those two discs alone are steeped in archival goodness.

Thanks again for taking to time to write. May the Force be with you!

Connie

Publicity | Lucasfilm Ltd.