Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Booze

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Booze

Here's a really good band that I saw live recently I know most wouldn't be familiar with. It gives me hope that there still are decent bands out there...just not many.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QSVnZO8FvcA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nsEPYdC45HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gC7q3Q61MdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-30-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Re: The Booze

my god, could their heads be any further up the rolling stones' asses?

Not saying it's bad, but there's not a shred of originality there.
Old 05-30-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jason
my god, could their heads be any further up the rolling stones' asses?

Not saying it's bad, but there's not a shred of originality there.
I hear you but that's just their new album and honestly I think it suits them better than their older music, although I like this a lot too.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JLlKxR376y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-30-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a little too mellow for me, but some "rock" is better than no "rock".
Old 05-31-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by statcat
It gives me hope that there still are decent bands out there...just not many.
These guys aren't doing anything for me, but statements like that really rub me the wrong way. If you think there aren't many decent bands out there, then you're either not looking hard enough or you're entirely too picky. I know music is highly subjective and all, but there really is something out there for everyone.
Old 05-31-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oooh they're burning a copy of SPIN. They're such rebels.
Old 05-31-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony
These guys aren't doing anything for me, but statements like that really rub me the wrong way. If you think there aren't many decent bands out there, then you're either not looking hard enough or you're entirely too picky. I know music is highly subjective and all, but there really is something out there for everyone.
Agreed. There really is good music out there, you just have to look hard for it.
Old 05-31-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FatTony
why should that rub you the wrong way when it's my opinion? I think most music these days is absolute trash not worth listening to. There really are not many bands out there I like at all. I could name you a list of like under 10 at the most. I'd probably have a lot of trouble listing those 10 if I'm going to exclude bands that aren't young anymore as well.

You can say what you will about these guys but they are not playing music that's going to appeal to masses of people. They're keeping 60s rock alive, touring out of a van making next to nothing and I appreciate that. You don't know how many bands these days aren't aware of anything musically other than Green Day, Blink 182 or whatever other mainstream garbage to follow after. It's refreshing to see bands like this.

I'm not saying this as some old man rant either, I'm in my 20s. If that's being picky yeah count me in.

Last edited by statcat; 05-31-11 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-31-11, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

why should that rub you the wrong way when it's my opinion? I think most music these days is absolute trash not worth listening to. There really are not many bands out there I like at all. I could name you a list of like under 10 at the most. I'd probably have a lot of trouble listing those 10 if I'm going to exclude bands that aren't young anymore as well.

You can say what you will about these guys but they are not playing music that's going to appeal to masses of people. They're keeping 60s rock alive, touring out of a van making next to nothing and I appreciate that. You don't know how many bands these days aren't aware of anything musically other than Green Day, Blink 182 or whatever other mainstream garbage to follow after. It's refreshing to see bands like this.

I'm not saying this as some old man rant either, I'm in my 20s. If that's being picky yeah count me in.
I just don't understand why someone would choose to be bitter about how bad music supposedly is these days when they have the internet at their disposal to discover any number of bands that could strike a chord with them. If you're happy harboring grudges against a couple of goofy pop-punk bands and railing against "mainstream garbage," then more power to you. I'd rather spend my time checking out new music with the hopes that I'll find my next favorite among all the noise. Yeah, I'll end up listening to a lot of total shit in the process, but that's part of the fun of it, in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't mean this to sound totally confrontational or anything. I wasn't trying to put this band down, they just didn't do anything for me. In the interest of keeping the discussion positive, I'll give a peace offering. Since you seem to enjoy 60s-tinged garage rock, I've been really digging King Khan & The Shrines lately. Maybe it'll click with you, maybe it won't.
Old 05-31-11, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I listen to tons of new bands including King Khan which I'm not a fan of. Honestly there's so much older obscure stuff to discover I'm a lot more excited about that usually because it's mostly quality. I'm not harboring grudges or whatever I just don't like the current music scene, nothing more. Some garage revival type stuff has always sucked, look at the fuzztones or for a more modern band the horrors. Why listen to that shit when I could go to the real deal? It is pretty much an endless pit of music if you really start getting into it.
Old 05-31-11, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not bad, but I'll listen to the Rolling Stones for my Rolling Stones fix. He sings like Iggy though.
Old 05-31-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

I listen to tons of new bands including King Khan which I'm not a fan of. Honestly there's so much older obscure stuff to discover I'm a lot more excited about that usually because it's mostly quality. I'm not harboring grudges or whatever I just don't like the current music scene, nothing more. Some garage revival type stuff has always sucked, look at the fuzztones or for a more modern band the horrors. Why listen to that shit when I could go to the real deal? It is pretty much an endless pit of music if you really start getting into it.
If there were no more new music released ever again, there would be more than enough music to explore for 10 lifetimes.