Fulfilling your purchase commitment with 1 Blu-Ray title

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 05-06-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I ordered this Blu-ray on my latest account:

Apocalypse Now (Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) $35.97 ($59.95)

and was happy to see that it fulfilled my obligation to CH with one single title. Just curious if anyone else here has successfully found single Blu-Ray titles that will fufill your obligation.

I believe this was one as well:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ultimate Collector's Edition) $29.97 ($49.95)

Obviously we're aware of the old rates at which a title counted as more than one unit, but this seems to go against that? So I'm curious...
Old 05-06-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fulfilling your purchase commitment with 1 Blu-Ray title

Did "Apocalypse Now" count as two or three titles?
Old 05-06-11, 09:55 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I read on another board that the big Goonies BD set did as well.
Old 05-06-11, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx so much for the shout out conscience, right away when I saw this thread I thought of what I was able to find out by accident.

Some titles that count toward this.

Despicable Me obviously
Peanuts Holiday Collection (25.99) I saw these as individual titles in the spreadsheet and happened to notice this instead of using up 3 titles in the initial 6 titles, very happy.

2 titles I plan on getting once my 1st 2 accounts are cancelled.

Hot Tub Time Machine
Iron Man 2

I'm so glad I waited on getting these titles

other notable titles that are 39.95 MSRP for 23.97 and SHOULD count as 2 titles, there are obviously more than this but one will just have to go through the Blu room to find them

The Dilemna
The Expendables
The Switch

OOPS, Iguess conscience deleted his post
Old 05-07-11, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
I only had to buy two to fulfill, and Apocalypse Now took care of both of them, so that's probably as much as I can tell you.
Old 05-07-11, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I only had to buy two to fulfill, and Apocalypse Now took care of both of them, so that's probably as much as I can tell you.
It should count as 3.
Old 05-07-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schloob1

OOPS, Iguess conscience deleted his post

WTH? Hmm...my post was here wonder what happened?

Anyway - yes - Schloob1 definitely gets a big shout out on this one. I won't type that long post over again, but yes - I got Despicable Me for 23.97 and it fulfilled both of my commitments.

I averaged 4.65 for 10 titles on that account.

I think many people are ordering the 20.97 titles and have not found out about this 'deal' yet.

Again, thanks to Schloob for this one a couple weeks ago.

I'm going to try One Flew next followed by Mad Men Season 4 as there are not too many 23.97 titles I'm interested in right now but I can't complain for spending just 6 extra bucks to fulfill with just one title.

They also have Breaking Bad Season 1 for 23.97 if anyone wants to try their hand at that awesome show.
Old 05-07-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I pre-ordered Supernatural S2 on blu last week using the $5 off coupon on my second account. After shipping and minus the coupon it came out to $33.96. Club price is $59.95, pre-order price is $35.97.

So that should make my total spent 46.85 for 8 blu's(w/ 1 being the tv set).
Old 05-07-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Would the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Ultimate Edition Blu-ray count as two titles towards fulfillment?
Old 05-07-11, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GenPion
Would the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Ultimate Edition Blu-ray count as two titles towards fulfillment?
What is the MSRP? This is all anyone needs to pay attention to, at least that what it appears to be. If the MSRP is $39.95 or more then yes it will and I am almost certain the Potter Ultimate Editions fall under this since they cost something like $29 I think to purchase.
Old 05-07-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
I'm going to try One Flew next followed by Mad Men Season 4 as there are not too many 23.97 titles I'm interested in right now but I can't complain for spending just 6 extra bucks to fulfill with just one title.
EXACTLY, this is a great way to fulfill it. And most importantly people need to make sure and not take the 2nd $9.99 title they offer you at time of enrollment as it will actuually hurt your average. Now if say you only plan on doing 1 account then sure take it, otherwise don't

Yes and I agree not too many great $23.97 titlles to get, I'm just fortunate I'v been stingy and I guess patient enough to hold out on titles like Despicable Me and Iron Man 2 for example.

There are too many titles to count that have an MSRP of $38.95 that I would want to get
Old 05-07-11, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that I'll pre-order The Adjustment Bureau with the BOGO offer that is good this weekend. Thanks for the skinny.
Old 05-07-11, 07:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mad Men Season 4 ($29.97 + tax and shipping) counted as two titles for me.
Old 05-07-11, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two questions (or three if you count #1):
1) I thought if you got the B1G2, it fulfilled both commitments as well. However it says I still need to buy another DVD. Does that only come into effect when the others ship and do the G2 have to have a 19.95 MSRP or higher. I ordered an OOP Paramount that probably won't ship, so I'm wondering if I should do 2).

2) I did a purchase based on what I thought wold fulfill my account (as explained above). Can I do a return to sender and get my full money back on an order I placed (I know you can on a Director's selection). I haven't opend the pkg yet. Thanks.
Old 05-07-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
2) I did a purchase based on what I thought wold fulfill my account (as explained above). Can I do a return to sender and get my full money back on an order I placed (I know you can on a Director's selection). I haven't opend the pkg yet. Thanks.
As to this question I don't see why not. A Director's Selection is not really any different than a regular order other than it is placed automatically if you don't decline it.
Old 05-07-11, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Two questions (or three if you count #1):
1) I thought if you got the B1G2, it fulfilled both commitments as well. However it says I still need to buy another DVD. Does that only come into effect when the others ship and do the G2 have to have a 19.95 MSRP or higher. I ordered an OOP Paramount that probably won't ship, so I'm wondering if I should do 2).

In regards to #1 nope, if it did everyone here who got in on this 7/2 deal right away would have been fulfilling on the B1G2 really quick. The only way I have seen this to be the case is the $39.95 and up was the title bought in the B1G2.

NOW, if I were you and you say the OOP Paramount title I assume right now says "backordered" you could take the risk that you might get lucky and that it goes into cancelled status. If that were to happen you would then be allowed to get a different title and instead of it being a DVD you could most likely get another Blu instead. Just a thought.
Old 05-07-11, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
NOW, if I were you and you say the OOP Paramount title I assume right now says "backordered" you could take the risk that you might get lucky and that it goes into cancelled status. If that were to happen you would then be allowed to get a different title and instead of it being a DVD you could most likely get another Blu instead. Just a thought.
This would be very cool. I have 4 of the free DVDs on backorder. How long does that take? 30 days?
Old 05-08-11, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I think that I'll pre-order The Adjustment Bureau with the BOGO offer that is good this weekend. Thanks for the skinny.
Let me know if it works for you. I tried to get Hero using the BOGO and it just put both titles at full price.
Old 05-08-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Let me know if it works for you. I tried to get Hero using the BOGO and it just put both titles at full price.
What I meant was that I would get TAB for $23.97 to hopefully fulfill my obligation of 2 titles and then take a regular DVD as a freebie with the currently active BOGO code. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 05-08-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the free titles in the BOGO, you are not able to get Blu's yet unfortunately. Just DVD's still, hopefully one day that will change
Old 05-08-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Slave2Blu
This would be very cool. I have 4 of the free DVDs on backorder. How long does that take? 30 days?
Mine went cancelled in about a week, but obviously don't count on it being more or less than this amount of time.
Old 05-08-11, 06:35 PM

It also seems that the title you are buying has to be a higher MSRP than the freebie dvd. So seeing how the MSRP for Hero is 19.99 and the dvd I was trying to get was 22.99.. or something similar.

It also doesn't seem to work for preorders.

For example. I tried to order the Adjustment Bureau blu/dvd and then get "the EAGLE" dvd for free. It didn't work even tho they come out on the same day.
Old 05-08-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

It also seems that the title you are buying has to be a higher MSRP than the freebie dvd...
That's SOP for CH.
Old 05-09-11, 08:51 AM

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I just had a thought, I wonder if this means a 19.95 MSRP Blu-ray would count for 1 commitment? ie, a 19.95 MSRP title that has a sale price of 11.97.
Old 05-09-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rats. Was going to get THE ILLUSIONIST blu-ray to count as my 2 fulfillment titles, but the 39.95 MSRP that's been on the CH site all week is now suddenly mysteriously listed as 38.95. Weird...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.