Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Wild About You, 60's Beat Explosion Australia

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-01-11, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the few that care out there (might be none for all I know) this book looks pretty awesome, definitely ordering

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-About-You.../dp/1891241281

Product Description
The astonishing outpouring of rock 'n' roll in the 1960s in Australia and New Zealand gave birth to such iconic bands such as the Easybeats, the Masters Apprentices, Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, the Purple Hearts, and the Missing Links. It also launched the careers of a generation of musicians who would go on to greater, international fame with their later groups (the Bee Gees, AC/DC, Little River Band, and more). Wild About You! includes chapters on 35 bands that made the scene, as well as the editors' list of the top 100 beat and garage songs of the era. Heavily illustrated throughout, and with a detailed discography, this is the definitive work on these bands, and compulsory reading for 60s obsessives and garage band enthusiasts worldwide.
Old 05-04-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wild About You, 60's Beat Explosion Australia

well I got it today and it's a pretty good read. Some well known and of course not so well known. It's arranged into sections by bands. Unfortunately there are no color images. I still kind of prefer this book in some ways,