Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Upcoming Releases:
  • TBD - Danny Phantom: Season 3

Released:
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 1
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 2
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 3
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 4 (Shout! Select)
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: The Complete Series
  • The Angry Beavers: Seasons 1 & 2
  • The Angry Beavers: Season 3, Part 1
  • The Angry Beavers: Season 3, Part 2
  • The Angry Beavers: Season 4 (Shout! Select)
  • The Angry Beavers: The Complete Series
  • CatDog: Season 1, Part 1
  • CatDog: Season 1, Part 2
  • CatDog: Season 2, Part 2
  • CatDog: Season 3 (Shout! Select)
  • CatDog: Season 4
  • Danny Phantom: Season 1
  • Danny Phantom: Season 2, Part 1
  • Danny Phantom: Season 2, Part 2
  • Danny Phantom: The Complete Series
  • Hey Arnold! Season 1
  • Hey Arnold! Season 2, Part 1
  • Hey Arnold! Season 2, Part 2
  • Hey Arnold! Season 3 (Shout! Select)
  • Hey Arnold! Season 4 (Shout! Select)
  • Hey Arnold! Season 5 (Shout! Select)
  • Hey Dude: Season 4
  • Hey Dude: Season 1
  • Hey Dude: Season 2
  • Hey Dude: Season 3
  • Hey Dude: Season 4 (Shout! Select)
  • Hey Dude: Season 5 (Shout! Select)
  • Rocko's Modern Life: Season 1
  • Rocko's Modern Life: Season 2
  • Rocko's Modern Life: Season 3
  • Rocko's Modern Life: Season 4
  • Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 1
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 2, Part 1
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 2, Part 2
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 2, Part 3 (Shout! Select)
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 3 (Shout! Select)
  • The Wild Thornberrys: Season 4 (Shout! Select)

Distribution Rights Held by Shout! Factory:
Spoiler:
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (4 Seasons, 52 Episodes) - 4 out of 4 Seasons and Complete Series Released on DVD
  • The Angry Beavers (4 Seasons, 63 Episodes) - 4 out of 4 Seasons and Complete Series Released on DVD
  • CatDog (4 Seasons, 68 Episodes) - 4 out of 4 Seasons Released on DVD
  • Danny Phantom (3 Seasons, 53 Episodes) - 2 out of 3 Seasons and Complete Series Released on DVD
  • Hey Arnold! (5 Seasons, 101 Episodes) - 5 out of 5 Seasons Released on DVD
  • Hey Dude (5 Seasons, 65 Episodes) - 5 out of 5 Seasons Released on DVD
  • Rocko's Modern Life (4 Seasons, 52 Episodes) - 4 out of 4 Seasons and Complete Series Released on DVD
  • The Wild Thornberrys (5 Seasons, 91 Episodes) - 5 out of 5 Seasons Released on DVD

Last edited by kstublen; 06-26-14 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-11-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Originally Posted by TVShowsOnDVD
Hey Dude: Season 1 is now on DVD, so saddle up and mosey on over to the Bar None Ranch, where well-meaning owner Mr. Ernst (David Brisbin, "ER") tries his best to ride herd on his teenage staff, who always seem to be getting into some sort of scrape or other as they work and play out on the range: Christine Taylor as lifeguard Melody, David Lascher as senior staff member Ted, Kelly Brown as horse trainer Brad, Joe Torres as Hopi Indian Native Danny, Debra Kalman as ranch hand Lucy and Josh Tygiel as Ernst's son buddy. On DVD for the first time! Originally aired on Nickelodeon 1989-91, with reruns from 1991-99. Long requested by fans, it's #5 on TVShowsOnDVD.com's Most Requested Unreleased Shows for 5 years running! All 13 episodes from the first season on a 2-DVD set.

Yes, you read it correctly! Nickelodeon's new deal with Shout! has struck gold for fans, bringing Hey Dude - Season 1 to DVD at long last! According to Amazon's pre-order listing (which went up over the weekend), the highly anticipated 2-DVD set will come to stores on July 19th. Cost is a mere $19.93 SRP, and you can lock in your copy at a discount using the provided link. Information sent to retailers by Shout!'s distributor, Vivendi Entertainment, shows that the running time is approx. 325 minutes, with full screen video and English stereo sound. They also had the front cover of the box, shown below, which may or may not be the final version (and so it could be subject to change).
SOURCE

Last edited by kstublen; 04-11-11 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-11-11, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will be gettin this
Old 04-11-11, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I almost fell out of my chair at work when I read about this on tvshowsondvd.com. I cannot wait! Pre-ordered already
Old 04-11-11, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news! Here's hoping they can lock down more 80s/early 90s Nickelodeon shows. Is it known if Shout's deal only includes Nickelodeon original programing or some aquired shows as well?

My household would likely purchase these, if released:

You Can't Do That on Television
Salute Your Shorts
Today's Special
Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea
Pinwheel
Mr. Wizard's World

Last edited by JackBurton; 04-11-11 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-11-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Hey Dude is getting a release, I think it's very possible Salute Your Shorts will eventually get one, especially since it was only two seasons long.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any sort of season/series release for You Can't Do That On Television or Pinwheel. They both have far too many episodes to make that sort of release feasible. Add to that the former was a sketch show and the latter was comprised of independent segments, the most you can expect for old shows like that are for them to eventually turn up on Netflix streaming or for someone like Shout! to maybe offer some "Best Of" releases. I imagine the rights issues with Pinwheel in particular are complicated as it, in addition to airing original material, pulled a lot of animated shorts together from different production companies from around the world.

I've never heard of Today's Special, and have never seen anyone mention it when Nickelodeon titles come up. Leads me to believe there is probably too little interest in it for a DVD release, but you never know.

I have vague recollections of maybe seeing Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea in syndication somewhere, but I may just be remembering some cartoon segments from Pinwheel. Regardless, that's not enough for me personally to have any real interest in the show. A quick search reveals that the title you're familiar with is the English title for what was originally a French program; the actual title is Les Mondes Engloutis, and has already been released, albeit in France: Season 1 and Season 2.

As for Mr. Wizard, I remember seeing it some mornings before going to school, but I can't imagine an educational program like that getting any sort of widespread release. Again, it would probably, if anything, get a "Best Of" release or see something like Amazon has done with episodes of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

EDIT: I went ahead and pre-ordered Hey Dude; totally worth it for the pre-order price. I think we all run the risk that these shows won't be released in their entirety, but at this point I'm thankful for what we're getting and we've got to support the release to show Shout! Factory and Nickelodeon that there's interest in these shows, and potentially others. I have faith that Shout! won't just release one season and call it quits, but will follow through with the shows they choose to release.

Last edited by kstublen; 04-11-11 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-11-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think I just filled the cup.
Old 04-11-11, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As cool as Hey Dude's release is, I would be thrilled if we ended up seeing Pete & Pete Season 3 or a Salute Your Shorts Complete Series set...
Old 04-11-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Mr. Wizard's World, to my knowledge is owned by an educational company and has a high price tag ($18 for four episodes) associated with copies, since they are primarily targeted towards educators.

http://www.mrwizardstudios.com/mrwiz...d_mainpage.htm
Old 04-11-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Is that all they have distribution rights to, or just what we know they have distribution rights to?
Old 04-11-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've updated the Hey Dude cover art, courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.com

Originally Posted by joltman
Is that all they have distribution rights to, or just what we know they have distribution rights to?
It's all we know they have the distribution rights to based on what's scheduled for release and The Wild Thornberrys press release. I'm sure there's others though.
Old 04-11-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No sale unless they release All That, Salute Your Shorts and Kenan & Kel.
Old 04-11-11, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Shout! Factory, I thank you. I'm in for two of their three announced titles so far. Great MSRPs.
Old 04-11-11, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fantastic news and I would definitely love Salute Your Shorts!
Old 04-11-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like others have said, let me know if they get YCDTOT (and UFO Kidnapped!) and Out of Control and I'll be buying.

And here's something I'm betting you Nick lovers haven't seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryRexhLfL_k
Old 04-11-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved the Nickelodeon gameshows back in the day. They were so much fun.

I remember getting so frustrated watching Legends Of The Hidden Temple every time those stupid kids couldn't put the monkey statue together at the end.
Old 04-11-11, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I loved the Nickelodeon gameshows back in the day. They were so much fun.

I remember getting so frustrated watching Legends Of The Hidden Temple every time those stupid kids couldn't put the monkey statue together at the end.
LOL me too!!! Or how when they had to run back instead of going the way were the temple guards were gone they would take a different route and get caught and lose XD.
Old 04-11-11, 08:06 PM

I can't be the only one who wants Shout! to do Rugrats (especially since Amazon.com only covers 2/5's of the original series and iTunes' releases are scattershot).

A retail Rugrats DVD would easily outsell Invader Zim and maybe even come within striking distance of Spongebob.
Old 04-11-11, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey Dude was great, but I'd never watch it again. Pete and Pete is the only show, IMO, that holds up well enough.
Old 04-11-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Shout! Factory releases any of the following Nicktoons, I will get them:

Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Hey Arnold! Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, KaBlam!, The Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberrys, CatDog, Rocket Power, and Action League Now!

I'd also probably pick up Oh Yeah! Cartoons, ChalkZone, The Fairly OddParents, and Danny Phantom.

As far as live-action shows, I'd pick up: The Adventures Of Pete & Pete, The Secret World Of Alex Mack, Clarissa Explains It All, Kenan & Kel, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shirts, Are You Afraid Of The Dark? , The Journey Of Allen Strange, All That (Seasons 1-5), and The Amanda Show.

And I have fond memories of Eureeka's Castle and Allegra's Window and would probably pick them up as well.

I liked the live-action shows, but 9 times out of 10 I'd rather watch the animated programing. I bolded my "top five" wants.

Of course, I know that we probably won't get even half of those on DVD. But on the other hand, if you had asked me a year ago if I thought we'd ever get Hey Dude on DVD, I'd have said no. So you never know...
Old 04-12-11, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice on Hey Dude! $14 on amazon.
Old 04-12-11, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Hey Dude was great, but I'd never watch it again. Pete and Pete is the only show, IMO, that holds up well enough.
Salute Your Shorts holds up well IMO as well as Roundhouse (though some of the references are a bit dated). I'd gladly pick up the official releases of those to replace my homebrew copies.
Old 04-12-11, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen
If Shout! Factory releases any of the following Nicktoons, I will get them:

Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Hey Arnold! Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, KaBlam!, The Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberrys, CatDog, Rocket Power, and Action League Now!

I'd also probably pick up Oh Yeah! Cartoons, ChalkZone, The Fairly OddParents, and Danny Phantom.

As far as live-action shows, I'd pick up: The Adventures Of Pete & Pete, The Secret World Of Alex Mack, Clarissa Explains It All, Kenan & Kel, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shirts, Are You Afraid Of The Dark? , The Journey Of Allen Strange, All That (Seasons 1-5), and The Amanda Show.

And I have fond memories of Eureeka's Castle and Allegra's Window and would probably pick them up as well.

I liked the live-action shows, but 9 times out of 10 I'd rather watch the animated programing. I bolded my "top five" wants.

Of course, I know that we probably won't get even half of those on DVD. But on the other hand, if you had asked me a year ago if I thought we'd ever get Hey Dude on DVD, I'd have said no. So you never know...
I'd pick all those up too. Alex Mack season 1 is already available. Sadly Nick doesn't own the rights to AYAOTD, but the entire series is out in Canada.
Old 04-12-11, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
I'd pick all those up too. Alex Mack season 1 is already available.
Yeah, but I'm not going to pick it up without a guarantee of getting the whole series. Especially now, since I know Shout! might end up with the rights and do releases of their own. Same for Clarissa Explains It All.

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Sadly Nick doesn't own the rights to AYAOTD, but the entire series is out in Canada.
If you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for even one season. I definitely wish I had been more into buying DVDs back when they were first released and had ordered them from Canada. Oh well...
Old 04-17-11, 11:47 AM

I could kill to see Kenan and Kel on DVD, they need to make it happen.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.