Reload this Page >

CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 01-20-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This weekend only, Columbia House is giving free shipping on orders. No minimum purchase. Good prices and alot cheaper than Amazon and Best Buy.

Some title:

Sideways $6.95
X-Files: Fight the Future $6.95
Thunderball $8.95
Rob Roy $11.97

Lots more. Priced as low as $5.95. When you log in, scroll down and on the left, click the blue box showing $5.95 Blu-ray.
Old 01-20-11, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Do you need to be enrolled to take advantage of these?
Old 01-20-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Below is a list of the 59 titles that seem to be a part of the sale; pretty much the "usual suspects" when it comes to BD sales. If there is free shipping this weekend that would make quite a difference however.

$5.95
The Number 23
Battle of Britain
Dawn of the Dead
Collateral Damage
Over the Top
Orphan
A Bridge Too Far
Hoosiers
Dead Calm
17 Again
Igor
Observe and Report

$6.95
The X-Files: Fight the Future
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Sideways
Daredevil
Entrapment
The Marine
28 Days Later
From Hell
Lethal Weapon
Jewel Of the Nile

$7.95
He's Just Not That Into You
Taking Woodstock
Duplicity
Shoot 'Em Up
Yes Man
Inkheart
Away We Go

$8.95
Misery
3:10 To Yuma
The Graduate
Afro Samurai
Sex and the City: The Movie
Basic Instinct
Child's Play
Menace II Society
Saw II
Battle for Terra
Ninth Gate
Thunderball
Kickboxer
Step Into Liquid
Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic
Rambo III

$9.95
Dirty Dancing
Deep Impact
Raging Bull
Rocky
Requiem for A Dream
The Fountain
Imagine That
Dark Blue
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Replicant
Echelon Conspiracy
Day of the Dead
Rambo: First Blood Part 2
National Lampoon's Van Wilder
Old 01-20-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: CH has free shipping with no minimum purchase for great prices as low as $5.95

Originally Posted by Andras
Yes.
Old 01-20-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Andras
Yes.

There are a lot of people here with CH accounts but the deals have been so sparse in the last year or two they don't bother to check their accounts (or the Clubs Forum) for deals very often.

If Columbia House would set up a Blu-ray Disc club with decent membership terms (as Disney has done) it would be a different story. But to have to buy a bunch of DVDs to get so-so prices on BDs just doesn't fly anymore. For many of us.
Old 01-20-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Note that Raging Bull is the 2009 edition and not the new 2-disc 2011 edition.
Old 01-20-11, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
If Columbia House would set up a Blu-ray Disc club with decent membership terms (as Disney has done) it would be a different story. But to have to buy a bunch of DVDs to get so-so prices on BDs just doesn't fly anymore. For many of us.
Wow, it's been years since I had an account with CH. With Blu-ray prices so low nowadays, I can't believe CH has yet to set up a Blu-ray club that would be profitable for themselves and be a major source for collectors like us who would probably join and recycle accounts like crazy. Surely, if their business can thrive offering DVD titles like they do, they should be able to do the same for blu-ray by now.
Old 01-20-11, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by consoleman
Surely, if their business can thrive offering DVD titles like they do, they should be able to do the same for blu-ray by now.
That's the problem-their business is far from thriving.
Old 01-20-11, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Free shipping(excluding box sets) through January 23 - code is 20110120FSPT1D incase it wasn't on your account.
Old 01-20-11, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Free shipping(excluding box sets) through January 23 - code is 20110120FSPT1D incase it wasn't on your account.
Thanks! Got 3 discs I didn't need.
Old 01-21-11, 08:37 AM

Bummer, unless I am doing something wrong, I can't find 28 Days later. They have 28 Weeks, but not the Days.
Old 01-21-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Murmur
Bummer, unless I am doing something wrong, I can't find 28 Days later. They have 28 Weeks, but not the Days.
It looks like they purged it.
Old 01-21-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So this free shipping code is active now? I guess I don't consider Friday to be part of the weekend, but I guess some places do. There are a few titles I'd buy on this list, so if it works then I may actually place my first order with CH in about 2 years. I know my account works since I have to log in each month to decline my director's selection.
Old 01-21-11, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

It was live yesterday if you clicked through the e-mail. It's now live by just signing in.
Old 01-21-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
So this free shipping code is active now? I guess I don't consider Friday to be part of the weekend, but I guess some places do. There are a few titles I'd buy on this list, so if it works then I may actually place my first order with CH in about 2 years. I know my account works since I have to log in each month to decline my director's selection.
You can request that they stop sending you the director's selection each month if you do not want to receive it anymore. I haven't been to their site in atleast six months other than to decline my selection each month. I finally emailed them a couple of weeks ago requesting to have it stopped, to which they said they would.
Old 01-21-11, 12:57 PM

Are there any codes that will give a better deal on these or is free shipping the best we can get? I looked at the CH threads and saw a "80149" code which I think is BOGO, but no matter how I tried and looked to click on the banner and find a place to enter the code, I couldn't find it to try.

If someone knows if there are any codes that will make buying 4 of these cheaper, please let me know. I hope I can safely wait a day or two for the answer before ordering and that the BDs I want won't go out of stock or increase in price (like Amazon does).
Old 01-21-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You enter codes at the checkout screen. I have tried to enter 801490 with the free shipping and it doesn't work for me. The BOGO cancels the free shipping.
Old 01-21-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
You enter codes at the checkout screen. I have tried to enter 801490 with the free shipping and it doesn't work for me. The BOGO cancels the free shipping.
Place the order with the shipping charge. Them contact CH and tell them that you were charged for shipping even though it's a free shipping weekend. Politely request a refund for the shipping. They will cancel the order and replace it with a new order with the shipping charge removed and the 801490 offer still intact.
Old 01-21-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone get BOGO to work with the $5.95 titles? I couldn't find any DVD's that came up free when using 801490, and I was trying the cheap ones...
Old 01-21-11, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Did anyone get BOGO to work with the $5.95 titles? I couldn't find any DVD's that came up free when using 801490, and I was trying the cheap ones...
The BO part of the BOGO must be at least $19.95.
Old 01-21-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
That stinks.

(thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week!)
Old 01-21-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And the GO cannot be a BD.
Old 01-21-11, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Darn, I thought it went off of the retail price of the BO... Then I don't understand why some people are talking about BOGO in this thread, since none of the titles listed are eligible...
Old 01-21-11, 06:46 PM

I didn't know that none of the titles were eligible for BOGO. I haven't bought anything at CH for year(s) so I was just asking if there were any codes that would make this a better deal. I didn't mean to lead anyone on that BOGO applied to these titles by asking the question. Now that people have posted the answer (a definite no), I wanted to order but surprise surprise... CH's web page is down "for maintenance" during the middle of the day and it has been that way for hours. In the past years when I used to use CH a lot, I don't remember their web site ever being "down" before, so it's a bit odd. The cynic in me tells me most likely they took it down because they didn't intend people to get $5.95 BDs with free shipping and are probably in the process of jacking up the prices on the 4 BDs I have in my cart so that when they can finally get around to fixing their web site, I'll get mad when I see the new order total and end up deleting my cart. If they do that, then most likely it'll be a couple more years before I consider ordering from them again. Fortunately, anything CH has on sale will probably be that price at Amazon within a year. Most are only a few dollars cheaper even now. I know that CH can have great deals for new accounts with the right enrollment and fulfillment deals, but it was always time consuming and a pain to jump through all their hoops to get a good deal, so I decided not to bother with them any more.
Old 01-21-11, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I realize many are talking about getting Blu disks but doesn't this belong in the "clubs" thread?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.