Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Fred Meyer - Salt, Wall Street 2, Easy A - $17.99 each (plus $4 and $5 coupons)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 12-24-10, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this posted over at blu-ray.com. All three of these blu-rays are $17.99 each this week. However, today only (Friday, Dec 24, till 2PM PST), the in-store flyer also has a coupon for an additional $4 off any dvd or blu-ray in stock priced at $13.99 & up (limit 6.)

Also, the Salt and Easy A blu's have the additional $5 off coupon inside (good towards Easy A, The Other Guys, Grown Ups, Eat Pray Love, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Salt, the Karate Kid 2010 version, Justified and The Virginity Hit.)

I used the coupons on Easy A and Salt at customer service = $8.99 each, and all three blu's cost $31.97 total (tax free in Oregon.)
Old 12-24-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts
Re: Fred Meyer - Salt, Wall Street 2, Easy A - $17.99 each (plus $4 and $5 coupons)

Already bought mine earlier this wk. Really liking the $18 price on new releases the past few wks. Hope it continues with The American and Res Evil next wk...
Old 12-24-10, 01:08 PM

Re: Fred Meyer - Salt, Wall Street 2, Easy A - $17.99 each (plus $4 and $5 coupons)

The Town also is $17.99 (before coupons). Plus, along with the $4 off BR coupon, there's a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase (plus $20 off $100, $30 off $150). I bought The Town and Salt (and $28 of other misc) for $41 after both Fred Meyer coupons and the $5 off Salt (peel-off) coupon that was on assorted Target movies a few weeks ago. So I paid $13 for Salt and The Town.
Old 12-24-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, Fred Meyer desperately needs to get with the program when it comes to DVD/Blu-Ray/Games prices. They are generally a laughing stock when they put movies on sale for $5-$7.50 more than other chains.
Old 12-24-10, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

when i went to the site to see if there are any here it listed krogers? Is krogers owned by them? And if so why don't they have it fml
Old 12-24-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
when i went to the site to see if there are any here it listed krogers? Is krogers owned by them? And if so why don't they have it fml
Fred Meyers was purchased by Kroger sometime ago, but it is run largely as a independent company. Personally, I don't know why anyone shops there unless you are looking for a one stop shop for everything. The prices are rarely good. Usually the best deals are when they have B2G1 deals and you can stack coupons or rebates on top of them.
Old 12-25-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The last couple weeks they've been beating other stores on pricing but since the holiday's are ending, I'm sure they'll go back to normal.
Old 12-25-10, 07:16 PM

In case you didn't know Fred Meyer does price match with any other local store, bring in an ad or a phone number.
Old 12-25-10, 07:37 PM

I got em trained at my local Fred Meyer, when I come in they know a price match request is coming.
Old 12-25-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese
In case you didn't know Fred Meyer does price match with any other local store, bring in an ad or a phone number.
Unless you get a store manager who will openly argue that they can't match Best Buy because Best Buy is a specialty store. They're happy to match Target though and Wal-Mart; but even then sometimes you get an asshat manager (who like to work the electronics sections in my area) that will call the nearest Targer/Wal-Mart/etc and verify they have the item in stock.

I've had that encounter more than once and complained to corporate who more or less shrugged their shoulders over it.
Old 12-25-10, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Unless you get a store manager who will openly argue that they can't match Best Buy because Best Buy is a specialty store. They're happy to match Target though and Wal-Mart; but even then sometimes you get an asshat manager (who like to work the electronics sections in my area) that will call the nearest Targer/Wal-Mart/etc and verify they have the item in stock.

I've had that encounter more than once and complained to corporate who more or less shrugged their shoulders over it.
Yeah I suppose its YMMV, I try to check out with the same guys every time.
Old 12-25-10, 09:53 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

If you can get one of your elders to buy for you, they have a senior 10 percent discount that stacks with all discounts. It's been on the first tuesday of every month,