Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Those who bring babies into theaters...

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-30-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

I'm agains' em'.

Continued from this thread:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...heaters-3.html
Old 09-30-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Those who bring babies into theaters...

A parent brought their infant baby into the movie theater when I saw The Town, seriously hire a fucking babysitter.
Old 09-30-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People who leave shopping carts in parking spaces are inconsiderate. Parents who bring infants to movies are pieces of shit.
Old 09-30-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
That was an entertaining read...and an answer to the origin of the quote, "DVD Talk has no Pants"
Old 09-30-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 429 Posts

If you bring you an infant into a movie theater: it BETTER be dead, you BETTER have a crockpot, and you BETTER be making stew for EVERYONE.
Old 09-30-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind parents bringing babies into the theater as long as they take the responsibility of taking them out when they cry.
Old 09-30-10, 09:08 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Somebody brought a crying baby into a screening I saw of Dawn of the Dead (2004). After
Spoiler:
the zombie baby got shot in the face
somebody turned to the baby in the theater and said "You're next." The parents promptly got up and left.
Old 09-30-10, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did people laugh as well?
Old 09-30-10, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

I stopped going to theaters.

Crying babies, people chewing gum, acne preteen bitches on phones texting. People getting up out of chairs to go take a crap. HOW THE %$@! do they do it? I can't.
Old 09-30-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't put up with anyone making unnecessary noise.

last week my wife told a woman and her husband to be quiet.

I have told plenty of people to be quiet. I sometimes get backlash but I have gotten up turned around and told them to shut up now, and that kind of act shuts them right up. It's just plain moronic to come to a film and talk the whole way through.

I had a woman kicked out of King Kong a few years ago. She had her baby with her and it wouldn't shut up. I asked her nicely to keep the baby quiet. She didn't, so I went and got the movie staff. They came in, watched for a minute, seen the baby crying and promptly asked her to leave.

F noisy people. F em' in the A....quietly.
Old 09-30-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Yeah, if there's one thing worse than someone talking on the cell phone, it's a parent who allows their kid to keep crying and not take them outside. But the cell phone thing is a close second.
Old 09-30-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still the worst noise makers in the theatre are elderly people... Ill take 25 teenagers to one couple on the early bird special.
Old 09-30-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Still the worst noise makers in the theatre are elderly people... Ill take 25 teenagers to one couple on the early bird special.
I think I might agree with this. They comment out loud far more often.
Old 09-30-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I blame the theater owners for letting them in with their bastard spawn. It REALLY should be against the rules or there should, at the very least, be baby free guaranteed showings and showings where parents can bring their babies if they want and they can all sit in a room together and listen to each other's demon spawn scream and cry.

And I am serious as a heart attack about this.
Old 09-30-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Calhoun- your close, but not close enough.

I think theatre owners should have a wood chipper next to the door. Make the baby owners choose. "Movie or baby?" Have a little sign that says "deposit here for Free!"
Old 09-30-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoun07
showings where parents can bring their babies if they want and they can all sit in a room together and listen to each other's demon spawn scream and cry.
Some theatres actually do have screenings like this, one chain calls it a "Mommy Movie." They'll usually do them early on a weekday afternoon, but this still doesn't deter the occasional parent from bringing a baby into other auditoriums during general shows.
Old 09-30-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
I say this in every one of these threads. In my experiences, it's not even close.
Old 09-30-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I'm agains' em'.

Continued from this thread:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...heaters-3.html
We hated parents that brought their babies into the theater, They would always say shit like 'If you were a parent you would understand or feel differently'. Well we are parents now, and that still irritates us.

If you can't afford a baby sitter, then just rent a movie on demand. DOn't make us suffer your children.
Old 09-30-10, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I don't mind parents bringing babies into the theater as long as they take the responsibility of taking them out when they cry.
This too. I only mind the parents that don't take their screaming child out.
Old 09-30-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I blame the theater owners for letting them in with their bastard spawn. It REALLY should be against the rules or there should, at the very least, be baby free guaranteed showings and showings where parents can bring their babies if they want and they can all sit in a room together and listen to each other's demon spawn scream and cry.

And I am serious as a heart attack about this.
like the crying room at church!
Old 10-01-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Some theatres actually do have screenings like this, one chain calls it a "Mommy Movie." They'll usually do them early on a weekday afternoon
a theater full of MILFs?
Old 10-01-10, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

How about people who don't turn off their fucking cellphone

I can't tell how many times when watching in the theater I heard a ringtone from some dickhead's cellphone, later another ringtone well chime in then another. Aaarghh..serioulsy I'm going to stop going to theater and wait for the blu-ray to come out, it just becoming ridicoulous right now.
Old 10-01-10, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
We hated parents that brought their babies into the theater, They would always say shit like 'If you were a parent you would understand or feel differently'. Well we are parents now, and that still irritates us.

If you can't afford a baby sitter, then just rent a movie on demand. DOn't make us suffer your children.
This. I couldn't imagine taking my baby to a movie. Not only is it in-considerate, but the babies are crying for a reason...they obviously do not like being in a dark room with a loud movie soundtrack playing.

The worst is when you see parents taking babies to hardcore horror movies. It seems like a see more babies in violent movies than any other genre. Pretty classless.
Old 10-01-10, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never had a crying baby in a theater experience thankfully, but now that I wrote that I am sure when I go see The Social Network there will be at least 5.

I think it is fine to bring a baby to a movie if they are quiet and the movie is quiet (dialogue driven film), but I mean, bringing a baby to some super loud blockbuster is moronic lest your child is Helen Keller. Then again, I make a point of never going to movies opening night and really, I try to avoid evening/night screenings on weekends like the plague anyway just because of teenagers and talking/texting.

If you want to enjoy the theatrical experience and not simply go out on a date or kill an evening, I suggest just going during the day if you can.

About the elderly...never had a problem with them in multiplexes, but go to a screening at MoMA if you're in NYC for some hilarity. Not only do they talk occasionally, but then others shout at them to be quiet (just more noise) if they hear them whispering. I once saw Lolita there and nearly laughed through the first 5 minutes of the film because of it (luckily it really only happens during the opening of the film).
Old 10-01-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 429 Posts

I saw "No Country For Old Men" with a bunch of altakockers in Tamarac, FL, which is just OldFartsVille. These people will not shut up for love or money. I loved the movie anyhow, but I gotta admit, the sudden and abrupt ending of that film threw these elderlies for a massive loop. MASSIVE. As the credits rolled, one of them stood up and screamed (to nobody) "WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!" and then collapsed. DEAD! I shit you not...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.