Reload this Page >

I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-29-10, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REWARDS ZONE SILVER PREMIER members only

I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Best Buy Online Only Premier Silver members - Reward Zone. Retail price is $209. Price only shows up in cart. Must be logged in with your rewards zone member number.

I Love Lucy: Complete Series[Fullscreen] - DVD
SKU: 9636161 | Release Date: 10/23/2007
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/I+Love+L...829&lp=11&cp=1

Members Exclusive Offer: 50% Off Select Complete Series

Reward ZoneŽ program Silver members, here's an exclusive offer just for you: Save 50% on a wide variety of complete TV series collections, including Daria, The Munsters, and more.
Online only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/nul...at185700050011

===== Important to Note - While the deal says 50% off selected titles... They are showing up in the cart for $50 === I personally bought I Love Lucy & Miami Vice... my total was 107.00 after tax... free shipping =============================
Old 08-29-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only

Thanks for posting this. I jumped on this deal, as I've been wanting the show for a while. I think there is definitely something glitchy with the sale though, because I also added Daria to my cart and it was $50, which if the sale is 50% Off is obviously incorrect. Still, got I Love Lucy which is a great deal for a great show.
Old 08-29-10, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Thanks for posting this. I jumped on this deal, as I've been wanting the show for a while. I think there is definitely something glitchy with the sale though, because I also added Daria to my cart and it was $50, which if the sale is 50% Off is obviously incorrect. Still, got I Love Lucy which is a great deal for a great show.
shame im not a silver member. I would have loved to get the complete series.
Old 08-29-10, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a silver member and I can't see any of these deals you are posting.
Old 08-29-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dx23
I'm a silver member and I can't see any of these deals you are posting.
There's something glitchy with the system. It took me a few times to get the I Love Lucy deal to show up. I had to add it to my cart, remove it, sign in, sign out, add it back to my cart from the page the OP linked to, then checked my cart and it was in there for $50.00, but yeah, it is hit or miss if it works the first time you add it to your cart.
Old 08-29-10, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
There's something glitchy with the system. It took me a few times to get the I Love Lucy deal to show up. I had to add it to my cart, remove it, sign in, sign out, add it back to my cart from the page the OP linked to, then checked my cart and it was in there for $50.00, but yeah, it is hit or miss if it works the first time you add it to your cart.
It was working for me earlier and I was able to get a Lucy set. But now nothing I do is getting me any of the discounted prices, not even the 50.00 Glitch. Is anyone else able to get the sets to 50.00 or at half price?
Old 08-30-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It sure would be nice if someday one of these outrageously good deals at Best Buy (e.g. the $12.99 ULTIMATE WATCHMEN; $6.99 BATMAN UNDER THE RED HOOD) would actually be a bargain that more than five people could take advantage of.
Old 08-30-10, 07:00 PM

Thanks OP! Was able to get one of these to work!
Old 08-30-10, 07:16 PM
Zbu

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
It sure would be nice if someday one of these outrageously good deals at Best Buy (e.g. the $12.99 ULTIMATE WATCHMEN; $6.99 BATMAN UNDER THE RED HOOD) would actually be a bargain that more than five people could take advantage of.
I actually looked up what it takes to be an RZ Silver Member. So to possibly buy an I Love Lucy boxset at 50% off (ignoring the $50 total price thing as a glitch that Best Buy would probably reverse when they find out) of Best Buy's price--which at this writing is ~$100 or so--you would have to make $2500 worth of purchases at Best Buy in one calendar year.

$2500 worth.

This isn't a deal, this sounds like a way to get more Silver Members. Oh, and you can get a Lucy set for around that price if you troll eBay or Amazon marketplace. This is not a deal.
Old 08-31-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Zbu
I actually looked up what it takes to be an RZ Silver Member. So to possibly buy an I Love Lucy boxset at 50% off (ignoring the $50 total price thing as a glitch that Best Buy would probably reverse when they find out) of Best Buy's price--which at this writing is ~$100 or so--you would have to make $2500 worth of purchases at Best Buy in one calendar year.

$2500 worth.

This isn't a deal, this sounds like a way to get more Silver Members. Oh, and you can get a Lucy set for around that price if you troll eBay or Amazon marketplace. This is not a deal.
There are easier ways. I got the RZ Mastercard. I had to spend $1000 this year to become Silver. And since all MC purchases anywhere counted, it was quite easy to do... I didn't spend much money at BB at all...
Old 08-31-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, OP, just ordered I Love Lucy... I debated Hogan's Heroes, but couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe before the week ends...
Old 08-31-10, 06:44 AM
Cool New Member

They fixed the glitch. now its just 50% off which is still good.
Old 08-31-10, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Zbu

$2500 worth.

It's not as if they're forcing you to become a Silver Member. If it's stuff you're going to buy anyway, getting more points and some special offers as a Silver Member is a nice added bonus. I don't ever buy stuff to maintain my Silver Membership, I just buy what I'm going to buy period. Mine will probably lapse this year, which is fine, but just because I bought other stuff doesn't make this any less of a great deal.
Old 09-01-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fastest shipping EVER. It only took UPS a few HOURS to get it from the warehouse to my local truck:

ELM GROVE, WI, US 09/01/2010 6:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
...........................09/01/2010 5:38 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL,...US 09/01/2010 3:24 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
...........................09/01/2010 12:42 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
Old 09-03-10, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Fastest shipping EVER. It only took UPS a few HOURS to get it from the warehouse to my local truck:

ELM GROVE, WI, US 09/01/2010 6:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
...........................09/01/2010 5:38 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL,...US 09/01/2010 3:24 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
...........................09/01/2010 12:42 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
I agree... I wouldn't believe if I didn't see it myself. I made 2 separate orders... Received the first one Wednesday, 2nd shipment came today (thursday)... still waiting for the back ordered Will and Grace
Old 09-03-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got mine VERY fast too. Unusually fast for a Best Buy order. Not as fast as kenbenobi though, geez.
Old 10-01-10, 02:05 AM

Had I known this, I would have jumped on the Lucy DVD set.